Part Three

I can't believe I actually have to stop Dean from dragging me into the hunt right away. I'm usually the one who is overly eager to go killing monsters with my mother. However, this time around, I'm not only in charge of my own security, but also Dean's. Thus, I managed to convince him to go back to the motel and prepare for the hunt before leaving at dusk.

"So you live here?" He eyes the room curiously. I low-key expect him to make an unpleasant comment about it, but he doesn't. There's not even pity in his gaze, which I appreciate.

"Yes, Lily and I stay in this room. My mother stays in the one next door. She took most of the weapons for her hunt, though I have some here." I say as I drag the heavy bag from under the bed.

Dean approaches as I go through the contents of the bag. My sister Lily is nowhere to be seen, and I guess she must be now at the party I recommended her not to go. It's not a surprise she doesn't listen to me much.

Right after I spilled my guts to Dean in the cafeteria, we decided to take a walk around the park while he told me a little bit about himself. I'm still a bit unsure about my decision to open up to him. As much as I think about it, it has nothing to do with the fact that Elena wants us to keep quiet about the supernatural. It's mostly given how new it is to me to accept that someone besides my family knows about our tragedies.

For what it's worth, Dean was very understanding and promised not to tell anyone about it. Ultimately, I ended up sharing basic information about monsters with him, and the beginning of hunting as the family business. I tried not to share too much information about my father's death. Not that I knew much about it. I was fairly young when it happened and my mother only ever told me that it was a yellow-eyed demon during a house fire. I had a small suspicion she knew more than she let on.

"What about your sister? Is she coming to the hunt too?" Dean asks as he inspects a wooden stake.

I take it from him and place it back. In his place, I hand him a sharp axe. He seems happier with that weapon. "No, Lily has never liked hunting. She's probably at that party they're throwing."

"Fred's party." Dean nods as if he knows of it. When I ask him about it, he looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Everyone knows about Fred's parties." He narrows his eyes at me, "have you been living under a rock during school time?"

I shrug, "I mostly focus on hunting and sometimes classes. No time for socializing." Dean has an interesting look in his eyes, almost as if he's considering my words. "Aren't you going to the party? Don't you... prefer that over coming with me?"

He considers my words carefully. "Do I rather go to a party that happens nearly every weekend, or to hunt a vampire with you like a badass?" Dean smirks, "I think the answer is pretty obvious." And as much as I'm getting used to his presence, it doesn't prepare me for what comes next. Dean winks at me.

As much as I might know about hunting, I've never given myself the time for flirting. I can't claim to be clueless, more like it hasn't been a priority. So, attention from a cute boy like Dean comes as a pleasant surprise that makes my cheeks instantly blush. I pretend to concentrate on the bag of weapons before he can notice. Lily is usually the extroverted one, she loves boys and boys love her. And I'm ok with that. I'm not ok, however, with Dean Winchester distracting me from what matters.

"Killing vampires is relatively easy if you have the... guts to do it." I begin to explain, "not everything can hurt them, though."

"Stake through the heart?" Dean asks.

"Myth, it doesn't work unless you only seek to slow them down." I take out another axe from the bag. "The most savage yet common way to do it is beheading." Dean looks at his own weapon with interest. "Careful, they're sharp."