Part Five

Getting arrested is the last thing I need to aid me with my reputation, and even worse, with my relationship with my mother. According to what she knows, I've been a good kid; I've gotten good grades, avoided monsters, made friends, and even stopped harassing her about taking me on hunts. To her knowledge, I'm a good kid. Or more like, I've been getting better at hiding what I do with Dean's help. Hunting is in my blood, and now in Dean's too. He has taken a liking to it more than I thought. Even so, it's not like we've been on many hunts. So, when Fred's party made us gain a ticket direct to jail, I was pissed. Alright, no, I'm exaggerating, we didn't go to jail, but given that Dean's father (a cop) found us, mom quickly learned about the whole ordeal. It's safe to say she was not pleased. And there it went down the drain my fake record as a good kid.

Nevertheless, knowing more about John Winchester's position at the precinct gave me a marvelous idea. I know Elena didn't choose this town just because. She also didn't choose it because there were monsters in the area. Despite her earnest attempts to hide it, I know we're here because she believes there is information on my father's death. The yellow-eyed demon we seem to be hunting ever since forever is more tangible now. However, given that she refuses to let me participate in the investigation, I have to learn the truth by my own means. That's where the Winchesters come along.

Dean lightly mentioned that his father keeps a record of his most important or unsolved cases in a cabinet in his office. He says it's not according to regulation, but who cares? He's pretty certain his father doesn't know anything about the fire's case. I'm pretty certain there must be something in that drawer that will help me solve my family's mystery. Otherwise, why is my mother so interested in Lawrence's law enforcement? She can't pretend to be FBI this time since we're staying sort of permanently, but she sure acts as a 'private detective'.

Thus, convincing Dean to help me get into his father's records became my mission since Fred's disastrous party. Honestly, anything to take my mind away from the annoying butterflies in my belly every time I remember Dean's kiss.

His kiss... we haven't spoken of it. It happened and then we never mentioned it. I'm ok with it, since I don't know what to say. It was my first kiss, and I like Dean, but how can I just confess myself to him? So the best course of action was to remain silent until I could come up with something. Apparently, Dean believes so too, because he hasn't acknowledged our kiss either.

"Are you sure you don't want any more pie, sweetie?" Mary Winchester asks from the kitchen in a motherly tone.

"No, thank you, Mrs. Winchester." I politely decline.

"I do," pipes in Dean from beside me. "I'll take her slice."

Mary Winchester doesn't seem amused, but when her son throws at innocent smile her way, she relents. "Alright, but that is the last one for you." Dean concedes easily enough, though they both know that's not true.

I met Mary Winchester shortly after my encounter with John Winchester. A few days after Fred's party, Dean brought me home because his mother wanted to meet me. Apparently, she was interested in the girl whom Dean got in trouble. I leaned then that not only John had mentioned me, but also Sam and Dean. And, considering that Dean was not much for having girl friends -excluding hook-ups- Mary was more than a little curious. So, that day I joined them for a friendly family dinner and everything went smoothly despite my obvious nerves. I haven't been to another family meal until today. Even so, I feel a little dirty because it all has a purpose beyond having a nice time with the Winchesters.

It took me a while to convince Dean into letting me sneak in his father's study. More than desired, but less than expected. Dean had no lost love for his father's privacy, it was more of a respect thing than anything, yet after a convincing argument and some bribery, he caved. Though it probably was the guilt-tripping, who knows. Point is, we planned ahead all necessary precautions not to get caught and be successful -at least according to us-.