Fired

Y/n's POV...
I was currently at a mall ice cream parlor. "Same thing, Y/n?" The girl asked.
"Yeah. Thanks, love." I told her.
Just for a fun little twist, you have a heavy Australian accent. Don't ask.
"No problem." She said. I saw Mike Schmidt, a friend of mine, on his way. His eyes, still looking dead tired. He apparently ain't the best when it comes to sleep even though he sleeps a lot. He was in his grey security uniform, like mine. "'Ello, Mike!" I said with my hand out. He took it and shook it. "Sleep any better, mate?"
"No, Y/n. Still same night." Mike told me.
"And Abby?" I asked.
"Abby's okay." He said. Abby is Mike's sister.
"Well, i can always babysit her if you ever need it." I offered.
"Thanks, but Max has it under control. But if you ever..." Mike started, but slowed down and he squinted his eyes, focused on something behind me. I turned and we both saw a man grabbing a little boy's arm and walking away with him. "Let's go." Mike said.
"Just grab him. Let's talk to the guy." I said. We both ran after him. We caught up to him and Mike tackled him into the water. He started punching the man in the face. I went to the boy. "You okay, little one?" I asked.
"My daddy!" He cried, pointing at the man in the fountain Mike was beating. I realized it was a father grabbing his son and pulling him away. "Shit. Mike!" I yelled. I grabbed Mike off the man. "This is the boy's father. Are you okay, mate?" I asked.
"What was that about?" The father asked.
"I'm sorry, it was a misunderstanding." I told him.

We were both in a career counselor's office with the counselor, Steve Raglan. An older male wearing glasses. "What are your problems, guys?" He asked.
"It was a misunderstanding." Mike said. "And- keep Y/n out of this. He was trying to make it simple and stop me."
"I know. But he was still involved, and he's getting suspended too." Steve said. "I'm just trying to get to know you better, Mr Y/n L/n and Mr. Micheal Schm..." Steve stopped on Mike's last name. He looked at Mike for a second. Then he closed the file. "Coffee?" He asked.
"What?" Mike asked.
"Would you like some coffee, i just made some." Steve went around us to his coffee machine.
"I'm good." Mike said.
"Yeah, same." I added. Steve took a drink of his coffee without putting any cream or sweetener in it. "I'm gonna be brutally honest with you two. It's not looking too good." He said as he walked back over to his desk. "With your track record, you might be out of a job for a while."
"Alright." Mike said. He stood up. "I have a job for you two." He said. Mike went back down in his seat. "It's a security gig." Steve said. "You only gotta worry about one thing: keeping people out. And you know, keeping things tidy."
"Thats two things." Mike said. Steve exhaled through his nose. "Do you want the job or not?"
"Hows the pay?" I asked.
"Not great. But the hours are worse." He told us. Mike shook his head. "I can't do nights." Mike said.
"I can, though." I told him.
"Well, if Mike changes his mind, you can either work together or work in shifts." Steve Raglan said. He handed us both his business cards. We left his room.