Taking the Job

10 PM...
I let Mike sleep on it and didn't take the job until the next day. I threw on a red shirt, black pants, and headed to the pizza place. After I got there, the phone started ringing. I picked it up. "Hello?"
"Hey, Y/n." It was Steve Raglan. "I got some good news. You won't be taking the shift alone. Mike took the job and will be accompanying you tonight."
"Alright, that sounds perfect." I said. I guess Mike's babysitter was able to stay at his place overnight.
"From there, you can either keep working together, or take shifts." Steve said. I was thinking the former would be safer. "I'll talk later whenever Mike gets there. If he isn't there by 12 AM, he most likely won't be coming tonight." Steve told me. I hung up the phone. I looked at the monitors and saw the closed stage curtain.

I left the office and took a look behind the main stage. I saw the animatronic band; a bear with a top hat, bow tie, and a microphone, a rabbit with a bowtie and a guitar, a chicken with a bib and a cupcake with eyes. These things look kind of creepy, but a lot of kids television characters from the 60's to the 80's looked creepy. Take The Banana Splits. I closed the curtain a kept looking around the place.

11:55 PM
I sat in the office tapping my toe until I heard the buzzer go off. I looked at the cameras and saw Mike was there. I ran to the front to unlock the door for Mike. "'Ello, Mike!" I said. Mike walked in. "About time you got here, it's almost 12." We went to the office and Steve called again. "Hey, Y/n. Is your cobber, Mike there yet?" He asked, attempting to use Australian slang.
"Steve, please never say that again. You sound like a crappy American tourist." I said. "But yes, Mike's here."
"Okay. Let me give a little backstory." He started. "This place was huge in the 80's with the kids. It's been shut down for years. The reason it hasn't been given the old recking ball treatment yet is because the owner just doesn't wanna let it go. He's a sentimental guy, i guess." Steve told us, ending with a laugh. "Had a few break ins over the years. The security system is dated but fully functional. Cameras are on the inside and the outside. Electricity is a bit...iffy. But theres a breaker in the main office where you two should be, just flip it. And i guess that's about it." He concluded. "Just keep your eyes on the monitor, keep people out, piece of cake. I will catch you on the flip side...hopefully." Steve hung up the phone. I grabbed a chair and pulled it up to the security desk next to Mike. After i sat it down, i saw a tape under a separate monitor that said "Mike and Y/n". "What do we got here?" I asked.
Mike turned around. I pushed the tape in and took a seat. A Freddy's Security Training tape started playing, telling us that Freddy's was created for family friendly fun and cutting edge animatronics. It showed us an animatronic endoskeleton. Then, when the woman pressed the button to introduce us to the stars of the show, the TV glitched. "What the hell?" I asked. Mike slapped the side of the TV. It stopped glitching. "Adorable, aren't they? Protecting these cuddly critters is now your duty. Keep them safe and ensure that Freddy Fazbear's is here to delight, dazzle, and entertain for years to..."
The tape stopped. "Well, alright." Mike said. He turned to a locked at the other side of the room. "Probably security uniforms." I said. Mike got up to grab one. He gasped when he opened the locker. "What?" I asked as I got up. He opened it again and we saw a figure of a smiling balloon boy. "That thing scared you?" I asked.
"Just wasn't expecting it." Mike said. I grabbed the balloon boy figure and threw it in the corner of the room. "Rack off, creepy boy." I told it. We grabbed our security uniforms. "So all we do is stare at these cameras and get paid. Sounds good to me." I said. Mike rested his head on the table. "Tired, mate?" I asked.
"Yeah, a little." Mike said.
"I'll watch the cameras and wake you know if anything happens." I told him. Mike nodded and started to go to sleep. I kept watching the cameras through the night.

After a few hours and nothing happening, it was 6AM. Mike took a dive at the ground from the desk. "Mike! Are you alright? What the hell happened?" I asked him.
"I'm fine, I'm fine. I just...i just fell. What time is it?" He asked.
"Its 6AM. Time to get ourselves home, i suppose." I said. Mike got off the ground.