8. Nightmare (Grace's POV)

Grace's POV

03:46 a.m.

-----------
Alice lies in our bed, the blanket on the floor, her hands gripping the sheets and her small body shaking and trembling from crying.

"N-no p-plea-se stopp..." Her voice was braking as more tears stream down her cheeks. I can see that her eyes are swollen, even know they're still closed.
-----------

I took too long!

I was in the warehouse for two hours looking at the new products we received.
I tried to be as fast as possible, to not leave Alice alone for too long, but I failed.

I FAILED!

_____________________________________________

03:34 a.m.

I open the door and step in my and my wife's home. I take my jacket and shoes off and walk up the stairs in the direction of our bedroom.

I reach forward to open the door when I suddenly hear muffled noises. I slowly move my ear to the door and listen.

Those muffled sounds become clearer and I can now clearly hear Alice crying.

"Oh, Shit!"

I open the door as quickly as I can and run towards our bed.

Alice lies there shaking. The blanket is on the floor and the pillows are at the end of the bed. Her hands grip the sheets as her tears soak the fabric.

I jump on the bed and start shaking Alice's body. "Alice!" no reaction...

I shake her harder, trying to get her out of this nightmare.

"ALICE!!" Her eyelids shot open, revealing her red, puffy, hazel brown eyes.

She's still crying, still shaking and still trapped.

She doesn't realize I'm here, it's like she sees me as a different person, as someone who hurt her.

"N-no, please, stop..." She screams as her eyes close again. Alice kicks me with her feet and tries to push me away.

"ALICE!" I yell again, this time her eyes open and she looks directly at me.

I immediately wrap my arms around her shaking body and hold her tight. I look down at Alice's face and wipe away some of the falling tears.

Alice flinched briefly, until she finally wrapped her arms around my shoulders and hugged me back, pressing her head into my neck.

"It was just a nightmare! It's not real! This will NEVER happen to you again!" I whisper. I know what that nightmare was about, it's always the same.

"J-just a nightmare? B-but it felt so real", I hear her say as she continued to sob.

Of course it feels real, it's a traumatic memory that she, my sweet little wife, has to relive over and over again.

A/N: Sorry, I love giving my main carakters a messed up backstory, makes me feel less alone ~( ˘▾˘~)

____________________________________________

04:13 a.m.

Finally Alice fell asleep.

Now she is lying in my arms, cuddling, her eyes are closed and she has a small smile on her lips, while some of her wavy hair lies over half of her face.

Her hands are in front of my chest and her cold legs are tangled with mine.

I slowly close my eyes and hope that something like today will never happen again, like I do every time.

______________________________________
That's all for today
Have a nice day
~Author

-Sorry that I have to put some breaks now and then, I'm very careful about my mental health and take breaks when it gets to much.
(A Trappist is expensive and I hate talking about problems)

The last break was actually because a family member was in the hospital and almost died so we visited him.
(he told his wife to write his last will down)

Well, after we came back we got informed that our cat died...

Yeah after that I took another week off....

Sorry♡

ദ്ദി (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶)~✧