Her. chapter 1

''Hope you have a good evening sir.'' I hand my last customer his bought books and wait for him to leave the store so I can close up.

I switch the sign, hanging to the door, to 'closed'. My first job. I skip through the bookstore freely, being the only person in it and do my finale check ups before locking the store. Taking my time, I carefully check the books bought and The money received by them. Sira, the store manager, aka my boss, got very mad at lily, another girl working with me, because she made a mistake while counting bills the other day.

After coming to Valeris, the first thing I did was rent a hotel room. Then after showering the dirt off of me, I went to eat and quicky realized the I needed a source of income and a fix place to stay.

Getting a job was easy. The first bookshop I went to for a quiet time had a girl, whose name is lily that I learn after a few days, running around the big place alone without any help. I thought maybe it was just a bad day for her but turns out, there actually wasnt any other employee other then her. When i tried to talk to the manager abput applying for a job there, it was surprising very easy.

Can you guess, the first place I apply for a job accepts me in seconds. It was like fate wanted me to work here.

I searched forever for a place. It had been over a week trying out houses which were good but none of them seemed... good. I finally found a house for rent in budget, right in front of Sidra. It was a lot cheaper in campered to the front view, honesty, but who am I to complaint.

Just as I lock the windows, I hear the door open followed by footsteps coming into the store.

"Sorry We're closed!" I yell behind me and instanty regret when I see a gorgeous tall women with blue-ish grey eyes and brown hair braided in a crown on her head.

"You're closing ahead of your normal time." She raises her perfectly timed eyebrow.

''Yes. Um, sorry but we actually have a personal reason for that. But we can wait a few more minutes if you would like to pick a book.'' I add quickly with a smile so that I don't disappoint her.

''Alright well I've just come up to buy one book released today. I'll leave as soon as I find it.'' She wonders off to find her book without waiting for my response and I wait patiently for her to finish up.

I look the way she went after a few minutes wandering why she hasn't come back yet. I sigh and consider following her but she comes up to the counter with a book. I sign it to her name, Nesta, and she tells me to add it on the high lords account. I glaced at her with wide eyes And ask ''are you one of the inner circle?"

She nerrows her eyes slightly ''Yes. Why do you ask?"

''Oh. I actually know a girl from there that's why.'' My lips curl slightly thinking about her.

''Oh. Do you?'' Her face relaxes. ''I've never seen you before. Can I ask who?"

''Yes. Morrigan. I know her. But I'm actually not sure if she really remembers me... we go way back." My lips turn in a thin line.

Nesta hums while looking at me with suspicion in her eyes.

No no no. We can't have that. I can meet Mor through her but to do that I'll have to get her trust that I'm not some threat to them.

''You can ask her her if you want. So that I'll know if she remembers me and you'll be sure I'm a trustable person.'' I say in hopes she accepts and maybe invites me to meet the inner circle. And eventually, Mor.

''I'll see.'' She glances at my name tag. ''Y/n." She takes her book and leaves without saying anything else.

I feel giddy in the hope of finally seeing my crush after all this time. Hopefully she'll be just as happy to see my too.