Alone part two(Azriel)

It has been three days since your last mission, the very mission that got you hurt and made you realize just how fucked your head is. Three days since you left the fight that left you with a big tear at your waist which will most definitely leave a scar.

It's half healed already, so is the cut you gave yourself but you didn't realize how deep you hurt yourself because it's left a thin white line that's fully healed but can be easily recognized.

You are preparing to go to a high lord meeting. When Rhys informed you of this, you thought of protesting but then agreed to go at the end because not going would cause unwanted attention from everyone else.

You are currently in your bathroom, trying to replace the bandage thats been drenched in your blood, it's on the edge of leaking out. You hiss in pain while unwrapping the gauze, it shouldn't hurt this bad. And it should be healed until now, shouldnt it? Though you weren't sure about that.

You made sure to remove you dagger and put it out of reach while removing your shirt before, after all you didn't want unnecessary temptations distracting you as you were ordered to leave in the next fifteen minutes.

While you were focused on your task at hand, you didn't realize soon enough, that someone had walked in on you. You hear somebody inhale loud enough for your ears to catch and freeze. Your eyes snap to the mirror in front of you, catching the reflection of the shadowsinger looking at you with wide eyes.

"What the hell happened to you?" His face filled with worry and horror. You open your mouth to reply but can't think of anything as you watch him in shock.

Why is he so worried for you?

"What-," His hand rises as if to touch you but you turn around to face him and take a step back, the back of your thighs stop against the sink. The movement causing a jab of pain from vou iniurv and you wince.

What are you doing?" You finally say.

"What- I'm asking you. What happened to you?" He exclaimed, his eyes surveying you from head to toe. You are at a loss of words, you've never seen Azriel without his calm exterior, seeing him so, unhinged, has put you off gaurd.

He called out you name again but you don't answer. "For fucks sake, you're bleeding." He goes around you to take the clean cotton and gauze, you are still so strattled that you don't protest at all when he kneels and puts a hand on the right side of your waist and holds the piece of cotton to your wound, taking the other hand and wrapping the gauze around you waist, attaching the bandage tight enough and wiping the blood that came out with a cloth.

You're still watching him with wide eyes as he stands and catches your eyes. You are suddenly very aware of how close you both are standing, facing him in nothing but an underwear covering your chest. You clear your throat.

"What happened to you? Please tell me." His voice suddenly so soft, all the anger leaving his body.

"I- I got hurt in my last mission."

His eyebrows meet, "When?"

"Three days ago." You answer and he frowns.

"How and why didn't you tell anyone?"

You scoff, finally gaining your sense as you glare up at him. "Like you would've cared."

His eyes flash with hurt, "of course I would've cared. You got so deeply hurt that you still haven't healed in three days, how would I have not cared? Why would you think that?"

"Why would I think that?" You mock his words, your anger slowly rising with each second. "I think that because you've made it very clear that you don't care. That none of you care. Of course I wouldn't tell you, you never listen!" You practically yell at his face.

"What makes you think that?"

"You! All of you! You never listen to me. You never ask. You don't even care if I'm with you or not. You are all too busy with your friends to even notice if I'm in the room! I haven't been you any of you in months and none of you have even asked me why I've distant myself!"

"I don't know about others but I haven't asked you that because I thought you didn't like being with us anymore. I thought you didn't want us anymore. I was respecting your choices." His voice hurt.

You clench your fingers to the counter behind you so that you don't accidentally punch his stupid face in anger, though the idea sounds tempting.

"Respecting my choice? You have been glued to Elain the second she walked in our lives, ignoring me every time I tried to make a conversation and when I finally accept that you don't like my company anymore, you don't even try to voice your feelings and you think you were respecting my choice!"

He has the nerve to look heartbroken. Gods you want the beat the hurt out of him.

"I got close to Elain because I thought you didn't want me. At least not the way I want you." He avoids your eyes. "I've cared for you from the moment I've met you. I thought you didn't prefer my company so I distracted myself from my feelings and went to elain instead but then I realized that I'll always want you, Y/N." He finally meets your eyes, begging you silently to understand him.

You close your eyes, taking a deep breath to calmed down and gaze at him.

"Alright, if what youre saying is true then why are you telling me this now? Why not before?" The look you level him with scares him to the core.

"I was an idiot. I'm truly very sorry. I thought you'd never want me. I was wrong I admit, but please give me one chance to show that I truly love you." He pleads.

You flinch, "Love me?"

"I do. I love you. I always have." He dares to put a hand on your cheek.

"It took you seeing me hurt to admit that you have feelings for me?" You scoff and rip his hand off of you.

"Y/N, please." He begs, taking your hand in his, "I am a morron for hurting your feelings. You're right, it did take me seeing you hurt to admit my love for you and I am so sorry. But please, dont push me away, please give me one chance to show you just how much I love you. I can not see you hurt again."

The tears in his eyes leaves you dumbstruck. Maybe he is telling the truth. Maybe he does have feelings for you.

"I-," You try to protest but he beats you saying,"Please, one chance is all I want. Just one to show you that I really care for you. I promise you I will never hurt you again."

You swallow a lump. You are sure an idiot to even consider agreeing to this but would it really be that bad? Haven't you always wanted love? Haven't you always wanted someone to love you, to care for you with everything they have? This is it. Azriel is standing here, in front of you, promising you the happy ending you've always wished for, he should get at least one chance to redeem himself, right?

"Ok." You whisper. His eyes widen and his face splits into a huge smile.

"Thank you. I promise you, I'll show you I'm worthy of you." He kisses your forehead and wraps an arm around you. "And I've just told Rhysand we aren't going." Your eyes widen.

"Azriel-,"

"Don't. Please just let me take care of you right now." He pleads resting his head to your shoulder and breathing in your scent.

You sigh and finally wrap your arms around him, wondering if you have just made the best decision of your life or the worst.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○○●●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●