punish her just right

My doe green eyes look up at his tall, masculine figure, "I wanted to thank you for the other night," I blush, "you know, for defending me from all the pressure."

He stares down at me, it finally sets in how different our heights are. I stand at 5'1", whilst he has to be at least 6'1".

"You're too good for him," he says confidently. Like he knows it for a fact, not because he's trying to make me feel better.

"Draco," I roll my eyes playfully, "me and Harry are meant to be..." I say. Convincing him and myself.

He scoffs in my face like he's offended, "Yeah, sure." His words sound annoyed, like he doesn't believe me, "I thought from the other night you'd get the hint that It's me who was there for you, I saved you from that drunk oaf." He laughs at his remarks.

"Yeah... it was you who saved me." I say realizing. "It was you who helped me from my drunk boyfriend."

"Wake up from that dream of you two together. That dream sounds like a nightmare in my books." He says. "Wake up! WAKE UP!"

My eyes open frantically as I look around at my surroundings. I'm in my dorm, all bundled up in my comforter. Hermione is staring at me like I'm crazy.

"Elle I've been trying to get you up for the past five minutes." Hermione says crossing her arms, snapping me out of whatever nightmare that was... "I thought you were dead or something."

"Oh.." I rub my eyes thinking about the dream I just had. Draco was there, we were together. He was being nice. Not that cold, mean version of him everyone sees.

Maybe that was a sign that I do owe him a proper thank you.

I ignore the parts where he told me Harry wasn't good enough for me...

"We are running late to class." Hermione says annoyed whilst she rushes around the room, grabbing her things.

"Fuck," I say under my breath, getting up and running into the bathroom to get ready.

The third day of classes and we are already late. This is new for Hermione. The running late thing. I'm skilled in running late. I think if it was a course in school, I'd ace it. Whether it's class, a date, or a trip to Hogsmeade with my friends I'm most likely going to be late. But I didn't think I'd be late to my third day of class.

Even worse, our first class is Defense Against the Dark Arts with Umbridge. The first two days of classes she made it known that there will be no dis behavior, no showing up late, no wands, and no talking. I don't get how you learn Defensive spells with no wands, but she insists it goes that way.

Hermione is practically shaking when we arrive at the classroom door. I try to play it cool but honestly I'm shitting myself. I open the door and stand there hesitantly staring inside.

Everyone's eyes turn to face us, all looking like they've practically seen Merlin himself. Umbridge turns around from her desk slowly, trying to be intimidating. Her face portrays the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"Miss Knight, Miss Granger," she walks over to us, "Very nice of you two to join me." We step inside the cold classroom and she slams the door behind her.

Hermione begins to ramble, "We're sorry Professor Umbridge, it was a to-"

"Detention for the both of you." She smiles, "Miss Knight you will join me tonight at 5 pm sharp. No need for dinner. Miss Granger I will see you bright and early tomorrow at 6 am."

I scoff at how ridiculous this is. Other Professors would've just given us a warning.

"What was that Miss Knight? Would you like another detention?" She giggles at her words. The noise makes me want to rip my ears off.

"I just don't get why you're giving us a detention over being only 20 minutes late. May I add the fact it was an accident." I say crossing my arms. Everyone's looking at me like a grew a third leg. If nobody else will stand up to her, I might as well.

Umbridge keeps a bright smile on her face but I can see her eyes twitching like I'm breaking her. "You will join me tonight, tomorrow, and the next day for detention. That is final." She draws out her words. Trying to make them sink in.

I cross my arms and sit in my desk besides Harry. He doesn't even look my way as everyone turns back to face Umbridge as she begins teaching us a new lesson like nothing happened. I guess I'd prefer it that way.

-

"Alright, I got to go you lot." I say standing up and grabbing my things. Me, Hermione, Harry, and Ron decided to study in the common room after classes. No one decided to mention my small outburst in class.

It's 4:40 and I decide if there's one thing I should be early too, it's detention. No need to add any more detentions to the other three.

Harry stands up with me and forces a sympathetic smile, "Good luck," he says.

"I wish we had to suffer together." I say to Hermione as I begin walking out the common room door.

"Come straight back here after!" Hermione yells as I shut the door behind me.

I begin the small journey to her office. I can feel all the nerves in my stomach grow. I wasn't this nervous in class today. Though I guess now I actually have to face a punishment.

I knock politely (or at least somewhat polite) on her door two times, before I could knock again she opens the door wide. I thought I was short, but I have to practically crane my neck to look down at her.

"Come on in Miss Knight," she says smiling, of course, why wouldn't she be smiling?

I listen and step inside waiting for another instruction. My eyes wander around the million cat photos she has in her bright pink office. I visibly cringe at the sight.

"Please take a seat," she directs her hands to a pink chair that matches everything else. It's sat right across the desk from hers.

I sit down hesitantly, still not saying anything. It's probably best to keep my mouth shut this time.

Suddenly she casts a spell under her breath making it so my hands, feet, and stomach are tied to the chair. My breath catches at how tight she makes the rope.

Is this even legal?

Umbridge looks up at a large cat clock, "4:53," she reads looking back over to me, "glad to see you arrive early." She sits down across from me and fiddles with a large quill.

"Yes, professor," is all I got out before Flich bursts into the room.

"Professor Umbridge!" He says with a look of panic. Umbridge shoots up from her chair, throwing the quill down. "There are two Gryffindor students flying around the castle recklessly!" He yells out of breath.

She quickly rushes to the door where Filch is and looks around. "Draco! Come here!" She says.

"For fucks sake," I scoff. This can't get even worse.

Draco walks confidently into Umbridges office, "What can I help you with Professor?" He asks looking straight at me.

"Please watch over her during her detention." She smiles, "Punish her just right if you need to. You saw how she acted in class, so I am assuming some punishment will help her outbursts." She quickly runs out with Filch and the door slams.

Leaving me and Draco alone in this bright-pink-cat-filled room.