" fresh new beginning "

Throughout my whole entire life, i've always been normal. At least in my definition of normal. My life was any other normal life where I had a decent childhood growing up, wasn't rich or poor, and never really went through any sort of bullying. I'm just a normal girl living her life really.. But now, I moved into a new home. It wasn't small but it wasn't huge either. It was a normal home but the neighborhood seemed a little bit off and a bit empty but nothing too out of the normal.. At least nothing that ever caught my attention or that I thought was weird.

I settled into my new home and decor up everywhere, it was beautiful and to my perfect liking. When I looked out, it was already dark and my eyes widened at the sight. It was pure darkness outside and you could barely even see anything. I sighed and looked around my new home. "Well... Nothing can go bad now..." I sighed as I fixed my posture and stood up straight to begin getting ready to bed. Though.. I had a weird feeling as if someone was watching me, it was an uneasy feeling but I pushed it off.

Once I finished, I laid into bed and got comfortable in my favorite sleeping position. I yawned and went to turn off the light and rest my eyes.

"Today was good....." I mumbled as I began to fall into a deep slumber...

The next morning I woke up and did my daily routine to get ready for the morning. I signed up for a few job applications with my cup of coffee in one hand. Later I then set my day with meeting a few of the neighbors...

I went up to my next door neighbors door and knocked with a box of cookies in hands that were just store bought, hoping to possible bribe people into liking me and thinking i'm a good neighbor. "Hello...?" I whispered as I knocked, not wanting to seem too annoying.

Then the door slightly creeks open and it was a man who looked young but not too young, he was definitely around his late 20s or mid to late 30s.

"What do you want?" The man asked in a rough and harsh tone of voice

My eyes widened slightly as I gave an awkward smile, unsure on how to proceed since he looked a bit upset. Though I muster up my slight amount of courage and clear my throat.

"I'm your next door neighbor, i just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! My name's Y/N" I say with the most friendliest smile I could do without making it seem too awkward.

The man stared at me with narrowed eyes then his face softened up and he gave a slight smile, even though it seemed slightly forced.

"Oh? Well then, Hello Y/N.. I'm Anthony." He pauses for a quick moment. "Are those cookies supposed to be for me...?" Anthony asked softly.

"Oh! Yeah!" I say with a grin as I hold out the cookies for Anthony.

"Thanks." Anthony says as he grabs the cookies and places them on the inside of his home. Then he clears his throat "Y'know that you should be more careful around here." His voice back to stern and harsh

I awkwardly blink and stare at him confused.

"Huh? What do you mean?"
"There's been a lot of disappearances happening lately."
"Oh..? I haven't really heard of much of that in this area."
"Yeah well that's because the police are keeping it down low so the public doesn't panic. But you seem like a nice lady so be careful."
".. R-Right okay... And... How do you know this?"
"I'm an officer myself."
"Ohhh! Okay! Good to know I have an officer as my neighbor."

I gave an awkward smile.

"Call me or come over anytime if you're ever in any trouble. Id say to find somewhere else though." He says in a more grim tone.

"O-Okay then! uh.." I pause and stare at him for a bit "I'll see you later then... Take care." I say as I politely wave and walk away.

As I walk away, he gives a small wave and just watches me walk away. A stern look on his face but it looks like there's a slight hint of worry in it, though it was hard to tell since I was still walking away, back to my home.

As time passes by and i continue on with my day, it hits night before I know it. Though I came up with the idea to go out for a nightly run. So I get ready and leave my house and begin out for my run...

It was a cold night and slightly foggy which gave an uneasy feeling along with the feeling of someone watching me from afar but I pushed it off to the side and blaming it for feeling paranoid about moving into a new home and neighborhood.

Soon I began to notice that someone was behind me, it was someone who was way too tall for his own good. He was speed walking behind me while I was doing my nightly run, keeping up behind me. This made me really feel uncomfortable and a rush feeling of fear and adrenaline coursing through my body.

Soon I began to sprint away and this is how I knew he was truly chasing me because he began to sprint after me next. I sprinted towards my house and with my hands shaking, I tried to unlock my front door. But something sent a chill under my spine... I couldn't hear his footsteps behind me.

I foolishly ignored this and focused on getting into the comfort of my own home.  My hand trembling with my house keys

But then there's a hand on my mouth with a cloth and I feel light headed and dizzy. And before I know it, I fall down and everything goes black ....