Chapter 15 - Teaser

The confident kiss I had pressed to Hendrix's lips soon turned demanding. I was positive this is what I wanted and I needed him to see that. This wasn't some spur of the moment decision that the rum in my system was trying to make for me. I was a woman who knew what she wanted.

And right then, I wanted Hendrix.

Hendrix's chest was rigid against my fingers. I scaled my fingers higher, pushing the fleece material of his plaid button-up off his shoulders. It bunched against his triceps, giving me more room to play. I allowed my hands to dance down the thick muscles of his arms, relishing in the heat of his skin against mine.

Hendrix returned the kiss, but it wasn't anything like the kiss we had shared in the living room minutes ago. It wasn't heated or passionate. Much like the rest of his body, Hendrix's lips were set in firm, hard lines. 

He was holding back.

I fought down the disappointment that spouted within my chest. Maybe I had misread the situation and he really was just holding up his end of our agreement. I pressed one more gentle kiss to his lips. It was a final plea before I picked up the remaining pieces of my dignity and ran.

After I had left Texas, I promised that I would never beg for a man's time or attention. I knew my worth, and if someone else couldn't see that, then that was their loss.

But I also had to understand that I wasn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. And perhaps this was Hendrix's way of trying to let me down gently.

The need to understand what he was thinking was too great. I broke the kiss, tilting my head back the slightest of angles to peer into Hendrix's dark blue eyes. I was expecting to see pity. Instead, they burned with something I had never seen before.

Worried I had crossed a line, we stood in silence. The muffled sound of the party on the other side of the door, along with the erratic beating of my heart, was the only thing I heard. Hendrix didn't move. He didn't speak. His arms hung by his sides.

I fucked up.

I was about to apologize, my lips parting to utter the words, when Hendrix closed the space between us again. This kiss was nothing like the one we had mere seconds ago. Electricity surged through me, setting my body alight. My chest flushed with heat, my heart fluttering like a caged bird.

Hendrix urged me into him, his arm like a boa constrictor around my waist. Our bodies were impossibly close. The beating of his heart echoed against my chest. It was as if we had lost all control–our minds on autopilot. I savoured him. The taste of gin on his lips. His large hands surveyed my torso, inching further south until my body was swaying for more.

Hendrix granted my silent pleas. Both of his firm hands settled on my waist, pressing his groin into me. The hardness hidden beneath the denim of his jeans lit another fire in me. When I bit into his lower lip a low growl admitted from somewhere deep within his chest. Whatever beast was hibernating inside of him was awake.

And he wasn't holding anything back.

Hendrix flipped our bodies, my back colliding with the bedroom wall behind me. There was a light click that sounded to our right and it didn't take me long to realize he had locked the door. Hendrix took a break from my swollen lips to light a trial of hot kisses down my jaw. When he reached my neck he stopped to nip at the sensitive skin there.

I hummed my approval, tilting my head to allow him move access.

"Are you sure about this?" Hendrix's hot breath brushed against my skin, pleasant shivers rushing up my spine.

"More than sure."

He hit the light switch, surrounding us in the soft glow of the Christmas lights that were still up next door. The dim glow softened the mood as I forced air into my lungs. The tension in the air was palpable, and the knowledge of what I was about to do–what we were about to do–filled me with giddy anticipation.

Hendrix's lips were back. His kisses were gentle at first, teasing, but the pace changed when his tongue met mine. They tangled together, fighting for dominance. Neither of us wanted to let up.

His hand encircled both of my wrists, pinning them above my head. I gasp escaped my lips. I had been with enough men to have a good idea of what they would be like in bed before I got them there. Hendrix was an anomaly. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word. But by the way he locked my wrists together, I wondered if gentle might have been the wrong way to describe him.

My eyes fluttered closed as Hendrix explored my body with his other hand. A wave of arousal flooded me as his fingers moved over my curves, tracing patterns over the material of my dress. When his fingers met the slit on my thigh he paused, massaging the soft skin, before disappearing under the hem.

A little moan escaped my lips as I appreciated the magic of his fingers. My thighs separated on their own accord, directing him higher and begging for more.

His mouth broke away from mine. Our breathing mingled between us as he studied me. He was waiting–gauging my expression in case I wanted him to stop.

I didn't.

When I thought I could no longer take the teasing, Hendrix released my wrists. Our chests rose and fell together as he moved to undo his belt. When I went to move my hands from above my head, he pinned me with a stare.

"Don't move, darlin'. Be a good girl for me."

I froze. His deep voice was like velvet to my ears. All I could do was nod in reply as I waited for what was going to happen next.

With a nimble flick of his wrist, his buckle was undone. I couldn't take my eyes off of the expert movements of his fingers. One second, his buckle was open. The next, the brown leather belt was out of its loops and in his hands.

"Have you ever been tied up before, darlin'?"

A rush of excitement hit me in the chest. "No."

"Do you want to change that?" 

– – – – –

author's note:

And there's the sneak peak I promised you. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination ;) 

If by chance you'd like to read the rest of this chapter, and all the other spicy content I've written for Extra Credit (while supporting my dreams of becoming a full time author), please consider checking me out on Ream. The link can be found in my bio. If not, I'll catch you in the next one.

Happy reading!