Chapter 19 - Teaser

The sun was beginning to set through the single window in the room. The golden glow draped against one side of Hendrix as he stood beside my bed. It highlighted his dark golden hair and kissed the stubble on his chin. I wasn't foreign to men in suits. My mother was a serial dater before she settled on my step father. Businessmen, lawyers, fellow realtors–all of whom knew how to dress well. But Hendrix in a suit did something to me.

My heart raced, batting against my ribcage as he fixed me with those stormy blue eyes.

"I don't want you to be late," I managed to say.

Hendrix didn't respond. Instead he tossed his coat down on Cali's bed and pulled her chair out from her desk. The legs scraped against the carpet as he spun it in my direction. It sent shivers down my spine. He sat down, elbows resting on his navy dress pants as he continued to level me.

"Do you trust me, Ella?"

I searched his face, brain melting at the possibilities of where this conversation was headed.

"Yes," I breathed. It was getting difficult to swallow.

The questions stopped there. He rose from the seat. "Sit," Hendrix commanded in a low tone. His eyes locked onto mine, the heat from his gaze burning into me.

Raking my teeth across my bottom lip, I hesitated a moment before complying. There was a sick curiosity that drew me to follow his orders. I sat in the seat, the warmth from his body still present. It seeped through my leggings. But the heat did nothing to steady my pulse.

Hendrix circled around me like a predator honing in on its prey.

"Relax," he whispered into my ear, his breath hot on my neck. "You know you can trust me."

I couldn't see him, but he was driving my senses wild. His cologne–a mixture of citrus and cedar–intoxicated me. Hendrix's fist found its way into my hair. He gave a gentle tug, forcing my head back.

"You're so fucking beautiful." His hot mouth pressed to mine.

My eyes fluttered shut, hands gripping into each side of my chair. The taste of mint on his tongue made my senses come alive. One of his hands trailed down my neck and over the curve of my chest. The other still held onto my hair, locking me in place. He had me exactly where he wanted me.

My mind was a whirlwind of desire as Hendrix deepened the kiss. His tongue begged for entrance. I was eager to comply. Our tongues danced together in a frenzy as our lips molded into each other.

Hendrix pulled away. One second he was consuming me, the next he was gone. His hand had disappeared from my hair. The heat of his body dissipated, leaving me breathless and wanting more. I had been with other men, but none of them excited me like Hendrix did.

While I was focusing on keeping my thoughts in order, I could sense him behind me. "Put your hands behind the chair."

"Behind the chair?"

"Don't question me, darlin'," the gravel in Hendrix's tone caused my throat to swell. "Do it."

I did as he asked, wrapping my hands behind my back. I waited in silence. The sound of fabric rubbing against fabric caught my attention. I wondered if he was going to use his belt to tie up my wrists again. Anticipation grew like a sprouting seed in my stomach. Images from our first night together ignited in my memory. But the thought flew out of the window when a silky material met the delicate skin of my wrists.

I swallowed hard, trying to steady my breathing as he looped the material around, binding them with a firm knot.

"Is this alright?" Hendrix asked, his voice so soft it soothed my nerves.

"Yeah," I breathed out my reply.

Hendrix circled back to stand in front of me. His experienced fingers worked to roll his sleeve further up his forearm. He was a man who was ready to get to work. My heart stuttered at how handsome he was. The top of his dress shirt was open, the navy blue tie he was wearing now gone. I decided that was probably what he had threaded around my wrists.

He must have caught me staring. A deep chuckle rumbled through the room. "Are you disappointed I'm not using my belt this time?"

My tongue ran across my bottom lip at his teasing. "Maybe a little.

"I'll make it up to you." Hendrix's words were back to reeking havoc on me. "Promise."

Without another word Hendrix lowered himself to his knees in front of me.

_ _ _ _ _

author's note:

Another sneak peek! Find the full chapter over on Ream x