PART - 8 Heartbreaks & Tears

After 7 days

"Nandini it's been more than 24hrs tumne kuchh nahi khaya. Please have something " Rishab pleaded holding a plate of food . But Nandini sat their silently without any reply

"Nandini please " Rishab voice broke looking at her , he himself was getting weak looking at her numb figure

He stood up and left the room in order to not break in front of her.

"Kya hua bhai?? Kuchh khaya usne??? " Raghav asked with a hope and looking at Rishab he understood.

Manik who was a silent spectator of this came forward and took the glass of glucose from Rishabs hand and went inside . And looked at HER. There she was sitting in a corner. She was wearing the same red lehnga with her red chooda and sindoor. But her face was not glowing anymore. He pledged to give her all the happiness of the world and here she is sitting like a living dead body. He wiped his tears and remembered Amms word just before marriage " Meri Nandu ka khayal rakhna Manik. Thodi bachhi hai meri Nandu par dil ki baht achhi . Wada kro kavi uska sath nahi chhodoge tum . Wada kro uski har sapne ko tum pura kroge . Meri bachhi ne kam umra me hi apne maa baap ko khoya hai.. Wada kro tum usse ek family doge Manik" And then his own words echoed in his mind " I promise Amms Nandini meri priority list k sabse upar hai or rahegi humesha. Uski khusi meri zindagi ka maksad hoga or me zindagi k har mod pe uske sath rahunga. Aap please mujhpe bharosa kijiye me aapka trust kavi nahi todunga " Rememberibg all this he took a deep breath and went near Nandini.

"Nandini " Manik called her while she sat their like a statue.

"Khana to tumne nahi khaya atlst ye glucose pii lo " He requested but no reply came . He tried for some more minutes but no reaction came from her side.

Outside -

Shanno couldn't control her emotion and started crying "Amma kyu chale gaye aap hume chhod k.. Kisika nahi to Nandini ka socha hota. Kaisi pathar ban gayi hai wo. Bas room me band ho k baithi hai "

Yes Amms passed away. She had a cardiac arrest while MaNan marriage was happening . When MaNan came for aashirvaad they noticed Amms is not responding and immediately called for a Doctor , where Doctor announced her dead.

Inside the room

"Bas ab baht hua Nandini.. I have had enough of your silence "  grabbing her hand he made her stand and pulled her towards himself with a jerk. Nandini grasped with this sudden act of his.

"Kya?? Samjhti kya ho tum apne aap ko??  Jo man me aaye wo krogi?? Listen Nandini you are not playing with my WIFE'S health. I won't let you. So have this water then go freshen up and I will bring you some food. Understand?? " Manik said in an authorative tone. Nandini was surprised first but then she just pushed him and turned her face away. Manik again made her look at him

"Apna nahi to just think about Amms. Kya Amms ko ye sab dekh k achha lag raha hoga?? She was to celebrating na tumhe dekh k aise .. " Hearing Manik Nandini's eyes welled up and Manik was happy getting a reaction from her.

"Nandini please Amms k lie " Manik asked and that's it. Nandini broke into tears .. She started crying her eyes out.. And Manik securely hold her in his arms and let her cry.. He silently let her take out all her emotions which she was hiding from yesterday. After Doctor announced Amms death, Nandini couldn't believe her ears she tried to wake amms up saying " amms utho.. utho na please... yeh sab kya bol rahe hain .. utho na please.. Mujhe dar lag raha hai.. Aap mujhe kaise chhod k jaa sakti hai?? Me kya krungi aapke bina?? Amms please " Then she fainted. And when she woke up this morning she came to Amms room and just sitting their like a statue..

" Maa... Manik.. Me fir se akeli ho gayi .. Amms v chali gayi mujhe... Chhod k ... I finally became an orphan Manik .. Why me? Why Always me ? " She said between her sobs.