❅ | #01 • hot chocolate

❅ | #01 • hot chocolate"may i get a name for the order?"

"may i get a name for the order?"

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

christmas starts tonight • grentperez
"'cause christmas, it starts tonight."

__________

THE streets were covered in a blanket of snow, the winter air nipping at her exposed cheeks as she took a small breath, hands stuffed in her pockets as she used her shoulder to push open the singular glass door.

Soon enough, she was engulfed in a body of warm air as her tensed shoulders dropped, the cold air being shut out as the door closed behind her.

Her dark brown eyes scanned the building, ice cold hands trembling as she clasped them together, gently massaging her skin in an attempt to warm up.

With her blue, plaid scarf pulled up to her chin, her sharp gaze traveled around before landing on the counter a little bit ahead of her, a boy leaned up against the wooden countertop as his fox-like eyes fixed on her figure curiously.

Standing upright, he put a small smile on his lips as he watched her intently, fingertips drumming rhythmically against the countertop as he spoke.

“Hello! Welcome to Blossom. How can I help you?” The boy's voice filled the area as she perked up, tilting her head as her eyes followed along the array of tables set up around the building, and finally, the chalkboards mounted onto the wall behind the counter, of which all displayed ‘Menu’ at the top.

The girl then realized she had unknowingly entered what seemed to be a restaurant, or a café. Having just wanted to pop in quickly to warm up from the harsh temperature, she didn't bother trying to look at the LED sign through the snowfall as she entered.

Blinking slowly, she took a moment before wandering to the counter, eyes skimming over the menu. With an awkward silence between them, she finally spoke, voice shaky as she still was warming up from the snowstorm outside.

“Do you have hot chocolate..?” She mustered out, as he raised his brows and nodded his head.

“Hot chocolate?” He repeated, pursing his lips. “We do.” He informed, as a gentle hum sounded from her throat as she shifted to push her hair out of her eyes.

“I'll take one medium cup of that then, please.” The girl murmured, as he nodded his head in response, hands tapping the tablet which rested on a stand as he rang her up. “$1.50, please.”