❅ | #02 • dinner

❅ | #02 • dinner"what was her name?"

❅ | #02 • dinner
"what was her name?"

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

seaonswave to earth
"if i could be by your side.."

___________

THE soft, slow jazz filled the restaurant as the seven boys sat at a table, having just closed a few minutes prior and now taking the time to eat by themselves, the red closed sign hung up on the door.

Laughter through shared conversations filled his ears as he chimed in every so often, eyes fixed down on the meal they all collectively cooked for themselves and each other. However, when a certain conversation topic was brought up, he lifted his head, eyes glaring into the smiling face who mentioned his name in a teasing manner.

“You know, Sunoo asked a girl for her name for the order.” The youngest boy brought up, and soon enough all eyes were on Kim Sunoo, as he rolled his eyes quietly. “Yeah? And?”

“You're down bad.” The boy whom he knew to be Sim Jaeyun, rather known as Jake, commented, clicking his tongue.

“How am I down bad for asking for a name?” Sunoo laughed, leaning back in his seat as he rested his hands flat on the tabletop.

“Oh, come on. We don't ask names for the orders here. You obviously took some sort of liking to her.” Park Sunghoon pointed out with a shrug, taking a bite out of his food.

“It really doesn't matter, though. I doubt she'll come back. She only came in to get a hot chocolate. The poor girl was literally shivering.” Sunoo murmured, drumming his fingers against the table.

“Maybe she'll come back to get more, then? I mean, it's like when Elsa caused an eternal winter in Arendelle out there. Maybe she'll be cold again and come in to warm up.” Yang Jungwon reasoned.

“What's with the Frozen talk?” Heeseung huffed out a laugh, only to receive a shrug from the younger boy as he smiled.

“What was her name?” Jay questioned, curiosity striking within him as he watched a smile creep up onto Sunoo’s lips.

Eunsu.” Sunoo informed, sipping out of his drink.

“Did you see that smile?” Riki teased, nudging the older boy, who could only grumble and nudge him back, playfully bantering with one another.

“Well, we'll let you know if an Eunsu ever comes around.” Sunghoon gave the younger boy a thumbs up.

“To know, we'd have to ask customers for their names, though.” Jungwon raised his eyebrows, pointing out the main fact.

“Oh, yeah. Forgot about that bit.” Jake breathed out. “Oh well. Sunoo should recognize her, anyway.” He added, brushing it off. Sunoo hummed quietly, lips pressed together in a thin line as he nodded.

“I like how you're not even denying any of this.” Heeseung laughed out in amusement, raising a brow as Sunoo shot him a puzzled look.

“Why would I?” Sunoo questioned, tilting his head off to the side as he crossed his arms.

“Awe, our Sunoo is all grown up. Already falling in love.” Jungwon teased, placing a hand over his heart for dramatic effect.

“Firstly, you're younger. Secondly, I am not in love. I took an interest in her, that's it. If I had feelings, I'd just admit that. I don't see any point in hiding them.” Sunoo spoke clearly, snickering as he met his friend's cat-like eyes.

“Well, I'm glad you're not hiding and constantly denying that you, at the very least, have an interest in her.” Jay chimed in, nodding in approval.

“Right.” Heeseung hummed in agreement, nodding his head. “Hopefully, she comes back one of these days and you get the chance to actually talk to her.”

“Once again, I highly doubt it, but thank you.” Sunoo breathed out a quiet laugh, before Sunghoon changed the subject.

“Okay, actually, we should probably finish up here before we actually get snowed in or something.” The boy spoke up, gaze focused on the heavy snowfall outside the fogged up windows.

“Yeah, probably.” Jake murmured, letting out a sigh.

“Oh, but I've always dreamed of something like that happening. It's like in the movies, you know?” Riki perked up, taking a sip out of his coca cola.

“Oh, please, you'd cry if we lost power.” Jake rolled his eyes, teasing the younger as he scoffed and shook his head, lightly and playfully kicking him underneath the table.

“Would not!”

“Ayyy, you so would! You're still a baby.” Jay joined in, laughing at the youngest’s reaction. Riki groaned in annoyance, shaking his head.

“Nevermind, I would cry if I was stuck here with all of you.” He spoke with sarcasm, rolling his eyes as he earned a series of complaints from his friends.

_________

★﹐authors corner .﹗﹑0.8k words.
a shorter chapter this time (⁠ ̄⁠ヘ⁠ ̄⁠;⁠)
unfortunately my mind was at a dead end
and i couldn't find the words to continue it
and make it longer haha

i'll definitely try to make chapters longer in
the future !! i'm happy to be writing this story
right now; so i'm hoping motivation continues
to present itself to me so i can publish for you all !

mwah, i love you all so much. thank you for reading! it truly means the world to me. it's like
an early christmas present 🫶
december 1st, 2023 -- 5:47pm.
not proofread.