8

"Take a seat", the leader ordered the three, hands in pockets, coldly glaring, voice as chill as ice.

The atmosphere in the room was overwhelming, to say the least, filled with palpable tension and underlying emotions.

You felt Draken's fury, Manjiro's disappointment, and Emma's hatred wafting through the air. All you could do was watch the situation unfold, unsure how it would end.

The one in front spoke, but his voice was weak as he attempted to act like he was still in command of the situation. He began, "Mikey-Kun, I..."

Manjiro's voice cut him off, sounding far more menacing than before. "I said, sit", he commanded, causing the three to flinch and move cautiously towards the couch where you sat relaxed and entertained, glancing at each one of them.

Once they saw your gaze fixed on them, they felt a surge of fear and took a step backward. What were you doing here? How did you end up inside this room?

"Hello there", you said with a wide smile. "Long time no see."

"Tsk", the one with missing teeth breathed out. They were frozen in their tracks, their muscles tensing as your intimidating presence held them in its vice-like grasp even with that warm welcome you gave.

The task of coming here had already been difficult enough, but to encounter you made the ordeal so much worse. They were informed of your threats by their companion, and it only made them more fearful.

Since that terrific night, they considered you the bane of their existence, a figure more menacing than words could describe. Your anger had filled them with dread, and they feared the prospect of coming across you again.

And sure enough, today, their greatest fear had come to pass. Like a nightmare, it had materialized into reality, and they were stuck in its grips, terrified and anxious.

Why would you come today of all days? Was it to witness their apology? To mock them for it? To make sure none of them spilled the truth behind your presence?

"W- What are you doing here?", the other startled.

"Aw, don't sound too disappointed", you spoke, tilting your head. "I might think you guys don't like me."

Draken snorted, he remembered every single detail of that night. How you imitated them, how you angered them then attacked them yourself, taking out all three alone. He wasn't surprised in the slightest by their reaction.

Emma on the other hand found it amusing. When seeing you that night beating those five into a pulp, she had never felt more pleased. As much as she hated them, she found your way of making them seem like scared little rats iconic.

As for Manjiro, he remained silent, gazing at the other two with a neutral expression, noticing the perspiration coating their faces, their attempt to maintain control over their trembling forms, that one step they took back...

All of this because you beat them in a fight?

Manjiro was no stranger to combat. He knew the thrill and rush that came with it, and he understood the lure of toying with your foes, knowing that they feared you, and experienced firsthand the sweetness of being considered a monster.

But he also knew these guys, and he knew they weren't the sort to be so terrified simply due to losing. Over the years, he had seen them lose countless times, and they never stepped back.

Instead, they always pushed forward.

So why now, he wondered, were they filled with fear at the mere sight of you?

"Mikey-Kun!", the one who didn't say a word, who you were here to encounter, who heard your threats that night, called, his body tense as he clenched his fists, turning to his former leader.