Home?

Pov: 3rd

Pov: 3rd

Crewell had shown Y/n to his guest room after they finished with dinner. He certainly had not expected her...large appetite. "I guess that saves me worrying about leftovers.." Crewell muttered, throwing the empty box in the garbage. As he made his way back to his bed room to turn in for the night, he stopped in front of the door to his guest room where Y/n was currently sleeping.

He opened the door a bit to check on her. Inside, he found her sprawled out across the bed with Lady on her hip and Fritzi on her left leg. Crewell grabbed his chest over his heart, "My babies..."

Crewell quickly took a picture of the sight. He smiled at the scene one more time before closing the door again and making his way to his own bed.

-----

Pov: Y/n

I let out a loud yawn, raising my arms up to stretch. I blinked, slowly taking in a familiar sight. "Huh?," I say groggy from just waking up. Shaking my head back and forth to shake the sleep, I look around again. This is the Moby. What's going on? I pull myself to my feet and notice I have a huge scar on my chest and stomach.

"Wait, this.." I say touching the scar. It feels fully healed, like it's been there forever. It doesn't hurt either, infact I feel amazing. "So I didn't die? Then what was that place?" I ask myself thinking about that weird magic school.

I take finally take notice of how quite the Moby is. I raise an eyebrow and make my way out of my cabin without my hat. The Moby is never quite, someone's always doing something.

As I make my way to the deck, I can find not a single person. "What the..where is everyone?" I ask in confusion.

"You know, you could've made me wait, I wouldn't have minded that much." A familiar voice says behind me. Is that-?

I turn around to see..Thatch!

"Long time no see, Little sister." He says with a smile. I feel tears fall down my face before I can say anything.

"Thatch?" I ask, shaking, trying to wrap my head around my fallen brother standing in front of me.

"The one and only," he says with a wink. Then he opens his arms, and I fall into them, wrapping my arms around him. The tears running off my face are paid no mind as I squeeze Thatch. He wraps his arms around my shaking body. "It's good to see you again, Y/n"

We stay like that for a while before Thatch feels the need to break the mood, "who knew the great Fire Fist Y/n would be such a cry baby." With that, I jerk away from him and aggressively wipe my eyes.

"Shut up, asshole!" I yell at him, causing him to laugh loudly. He quickly wipes under his eye, trying not to let me see. "See! You were crying, too! You can't say anything about me!"

"Well, I'm sensitive, seeing my sweet firey little sister get so emotional, it's hard not to shed a tear or two," He defends himself. I sigh, then smile brightly.

"Whatever, it's good to see you too," I say. "Wait, where even are we?"

"The Moby, where else would we be?," he answers. I nod at his answer.

"Yes, I get that, but-" before I can finish I here heavy steps with a very familiar laugh. My jaw drops when I see Pops make his way onto the deck with us. He looks much younger than he was but all his scars are still there, including some new ones from the war, much like mine, all fully healed. "Pops?" I ask, confused. Thatch wraps an arm around me and pulls us to Pops.

"Hello again, my daughter," Pops says sitting down on the floor, crossing his legs. I blink at him for a moment before remembering the last time we saw each other. I lower my head in shame. Pops scoffs and picks me up and away from Thatch, who remains standing by Pops' leg. "Don't look so defeated, my child."

"But!" I start to say. Pops shakes his head and sits me on his leg.

"No, what happened, happened, and there's nothing to be done about that," He says, silencing me. "There's no point in dwelling on the past."

I frown a bit before accepting his words. "Pops?" I start my question. He raises an eyebrow for me to continue. He also takes a drink of sake. Where did he get that? Never mind. "Where are we? I know it's the Moby but where is everyone, and why do you look so much younger?"

Pops and Thatch share a look before Pops sits his drink down. "This is something of an Afterlife," Pops answers. I tilt my head for him to continue explaining. "Once you pass on, most go back home. For us, that is here, sailing the seas on the Moby."

"I got here first, of course," Thatch says. "While I was alone on the Moby, I learned a lot about this place."

"Huh?" I ask and Pops picks me up off his leg and sits me back down beside Thatch. Thatch then drags me over to the edge of the Moby and points down. I look down into the water and see Marco. "What the!? Marco?," I reach down and Thatch grabs my hand.

"The sea is like a recording, I guess." Thatch thinks for a minute. "I'm not really sure how it works, but if you want, you can watch over those you left behind. That's how I spent most of my time before Pops got here. Other times, I would meet others who have passed on." Once he said that, it registered to me. We're all dead.

I turn to Pops, "you died.."

Pops nodded, "I lived a good life, and I don't regret how I lived." I frown a bit feeling responsible. Thatch throws his arm over my shoulder in comfort.

"Wait, I died before you," I start, "why did you get here first?" Thatch turns to Pops and Pops takes a drink of sake.

"Because you're not fully dead, my daughter." Pops answers bluntly, confusing me. "You died in our home world, hence why you can come here, but there are a lot of people who really loved you. Some of those people just so happened to be magical beings in another world." Pops explains, making me even more confused.

"I know what you're thinking, believe me. If the one who told Pops this wasn't who he was, we would've never believed him," Thatch says, trying to reassure me.

"Who told you?," I ask, but suddenly the world fades, and I'm awoken to two dogs in my face. One licking my right cheek, Lady, and one pouting, Fritzi.

-----
(A/n: I wonder who told Pops and Thatch why Y/n was sent to NRC?🤨🤨🤫)