Chapter 3: Big Stick's First Contact

Kingdom of Krosnia
New World Year, 1556 (2026EY)
February 28th
Keraunia Harbor

The juggernaut of steel and hydrocarbons that was the Iwo Jima ESG inched forward with steady, smooth speeds, as they had to adjust for the wooden vessels that had now taken point in their formation, acting in the place of escorts towards the bustling city that was certainly approaching by the minute.

The Capital City of Keraunia, the jewel of Krosnia, is a symbol of its long history and prowess displayed for the entire world to see. Merchant ships made of lumber lazed around, likely waiting for a moment to dock into the already overflowing port. While more threatening-looking military vessels, donning old-style cannonball guns, watchfully stayed put, working as a deterrent for anyone foolish enough to dare and carry out any sort of illegal operations.

Men and women patrolled the skies, riding on top of avian majestic creatures, challenging anyone to dispute their dominance of the cloud-filled heavens they were born, raised, and fed on since their births.

From the President's debrief, these creatures resembled the mythical Gryphons present in ancient legends indigenous to their long-lost home, Mother Earth. According to legend, these were nothing to be scoffed at, as they were considered beings of great power and cunning intellect. It remains to be seen if the tale precedes its real form.

The crew and diplomats noticed the sheer diversity of the people who hustled around the coastline city, men with ears resembling features animalistic in nature, women with ears impossibly sharp and a dignified aura of arrogance merged with pride, and children who had literal butterfly wings flying at low altitudes, playing with other kids in the area.

If they were giddy before about the prospect of getting to meet them, now they were downright excited about the possibilities of this incredible mixture of race and culture but also scared about the possible risks such a thing could carry, like inter-species disease or segregation. Hopefully, things weren't like actually like that. They would try and give this kingdom the benefit of the doubt for now.

Their ships, too large to dock properly on the already brimming coast, decided to just stop in a more secluded area, reserved for politicians or VIP guests.

They deployed two RHIBs, containing both the delegation, a couple of firmly clasped suitcases, and a combined security detail of 6 Marine Corps servicemen, and made their way towards the wooden structure of the small, exclusive port. At the same time, Admiral Reyland and some of his men were seen already speaking with some kind of foreign affairs personnel, which he had already contacted via magi-comms about their arrival almost two hours ago.

The imposing fleet didn't go unnoticed by the foreign diplomat, whose face was already green at the absolute monsters these people had brought with them.

The man looked gruff and mature, sporting gray hairs around his slowly aging black strands, a goatee decorated his chin and a monocle sat comfortably in one of his pale blue eyes. Seeing, what he assumed to be the delegation, judging from their admittedly refined clothes and posture, approach him, the man politely smiled.

"Welcome to the Kingdom of Krosnia, my name is Asriel Brukonich, I am the head of the First Foreign Affairs department of Her Majesty's glorious reign. I hope we can all dismiss the... unfortunate events that, as reported by Admiral Reynald, took place just hours ago, in favor of more amicable prospects.", his smooth, polite voice and gestures spoke highly of the man's skill and emotional control.

The Americans, seeing this, responded in kind, "We are grateful for your hospitality, Mr. Asriel, we hail from the United States of America, a continent-sized nation four hundred miles away from this location, I am Nolan -) and this is Alexandra -), it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, hopefully, we can look past today's events and march towards a prosperous, friendly future.", stated the suit-clad man, with a gentle smile on his face.