Chapter 6: For Drackow!

Kingdom of Krosnia
New World Year, 1556 (2026EY)
March 1st
Border City of Drackow

The afternoon sun bathed the landscape in its warm, gentle light, as the troops inside of the fortress that was Drackow made their final preparations to execute their planned counteroffensive operation.

This was no different for arch-gun squadron 'Evan', as the man himself and 15 other gunners prepared their equipment, ensuring that everything was in tip top shape for what was to come in a few moment's notice.

Evan cleaned his gun, with a calm expression that contrasted the overly fierce one he had just a couple of hours ago, the rage had weened off and instead, a calculated anger took its place.

The time was nigh, to finally enact rightful justice for the invaders that had come so many times to plunder their lands, massacre their people, kidnap their children to turn into slaves, and have their way with Krosnian women.

Evan would make them pay.

"Gentlemen", exclaimed the commander of this entire operation, a man in his 50s, very unassuming at first glance, but everyone who knew him was very much aware of the great leadership he had shown during the last three wars their Kingdom had against Soumia, Krosnia had prepared for this, and now they would liquidate the threat once and for all.

"The time has come, get to your positions, we will launch a flare spell to let everyone else know that the operation has begun. Move out!"

The massive door that secured the mighty wall of the fortress city began to rise, as the arch-gunner squadrons took their positions into the forest with practiced expertise and determination, following the carefully prepared plan — they had put themselves in strategic positions on the high ground and the hills around the enemy.

The barracks below bustled with busy men carrying supplies, weapons and ammunition for their arch-artillery around, several smaller military camps surrounded the massive structure built by the Soumians in only a few days. Underestimating the enemy would be a fatal mistake, and as such, Eric and his squad observed the situation without taking significant actions.

An hour passed, and then another one, the build up of troops that was ready to attack Drackow was significant, and, as some scouts came back to report this inside the fortress, the commander and his staff agreed that now was the moment to conduct the military operation.

The knight troopers and arch-artillery inside of the walls were ready to engage the enemy at a moments notice, the tension made every single soldier sweat through their palms, the anxiety and adrenaline — strongly present on them — caused even slight trembles to happen between the trained soldiers.

'It's almost time', thought Eric, who signaled to his squad to raise their weapons, with their objective being the command post in the center of the base. Other squad leaders focused on concentrations of troops and the areas where supplies were seen being carried out of.

"The will of the almighty will be carried out..."

All the soldiers in the squad carried on in synchronized practice, even as the wind of the forest caressed their faces, hair and clothes with a peaceful sense of tranquility — these men began to focus on all the mana they could possibly muster, channeling their sheer faith and anger.

"...As these pagans proclaim the lands of the Lord as theirs..."

The mana particles in the air condensed themselves into the men, as if a magnet of pure energy pulled them into a vortex, voracious for the power that they summoned into the realm of living.

"...Not a single one shall remain, for it is our divine duty to carry out the punishment thou would..."

All arch-guns glowed into a powerful blue, the energy contained in them desperate to come out in one single moment.