Chapter 1: Friends.

I walk to school with Cody every day. It's been the same since somewhere around grade 2, I suppose. He may be slightly annoying at times, but he is a good friend, I'll give him that.

We're laughing whilst walking down the hallway, when all of a sudden, he trips. He trips right into my arms. With Cody in my arms, I stare at the floor, processing what just happened.
"Uh..." Cody mumbles, hastily getting up before fixing his shirt, scrunched up where I caught him. "Sorry." he apologises quickly, staring at me with an awkward grin.
"It's okay. Just be careful next time, idiot." I say, chuckling a bit, before starting to walk once again.
I drop Cody off at his class, before turning down the next hallway and walking into my classroom, slightly late. Some people look, others keep doing their work.
I head down toward my seat beside the window, and unpack my things. I open my book, write the title and date, and quickly catch up with the work that I missed. I stare out of the window for a bit, counting the flowers outside of the window, watching the branches sway slightly in the breeze.
I stop, and look to the window opposite my classroom.
There's someone staring at me. Right across the courtyard.
I pause, assessing every single detail I can see from their silhouette. Is that...?
It is. Oh. My. God. It's Cody.
"What the hell is he doing staring at me?" I think to myself, bringing my attention back to my worksheet. I glance up a few times, panicking slightly. "Seriously, what is he doing?" I mumble under my breath, once again reverting my attention back to my work. I keep doing my work when the bell goes all of a sudden, interrupting my thinking. "Damn it, my only good lesson is already over.." I mumble again.
I head out of the classroom, walking to the next class when I see Cody walking towards me. I look at him, and tilt my head toward the floor before he can notice me, still replaying my last class in my head, over-analysing every single second of it.
Cody
I notice Noah heading towards me, his head down a bit, staring at the floor. "Hey Noah!" I say excitedly, awaiting a reply.
He walks past quickly.
"What?"
I stand still, wondering what the hell just happened. "What the-." I think he might be angry at me. Why? I'm not sure.
Oh. Well that's great. He saw me, didn't he? He saw me looking at him. Oh my God. How could I be that stupid? Why was I staring at him, anyway? I literally only see him as a friend.
I grab my books out of my locker for the next class, relieved that this is the last period before break, and let out a sigh. I close my locker and carry on walking.
When I get into my next class, I realise I'm sitting next to Gwen. Gwen is nice sure, and I may or may not have had a crush on her at some point. She's goth, my type.. I guess. I've moved on now, though.
"Hey, Gwen." I say, trying to get some sort of conversation going.
"Oh. Hey, Cody." she replies. She seems slightly irritated, she's just like that with me, though. "Need something?" she asks, looking up at me and looking back down at her work.
"..not really." I reply, seeing she doesn't really want to talk to me. "...Gwen, you talk to Noah sometimes, right?"
"I really need the answer to this." I think to myself.
"Uhh... yeah? Why?" "She replies. I can tell she's slightly confused, maybe even concerned.
"...he seems mad at me." I mumble in reply. "I-I dunno why..." Okay. That may have been a lie.
Its too embarrassing, okay?
"I can ask him why if you want?" Gwen finally says. It is a good offer... Should I take it up? I guess so.
"Sure."
Gwen looks at me. Oh.. Am I crying? "It's not that big of a deal, don't worry."
"I mean, clearly it is." Gwen looks a little concerned. I wipe a tear from my cheek. Am I seriously crying over Noah? I think I might be. Oh.
Uhh...
Noah
I sit next to Leshawna in I.T. Not really much a of a difference, don't talk to her much, anyway. I do my work quietly. Computing is slightly boring. I'd much rather be in English, or maybe even maths. I mean, at least it's not PE, right? I get out my book and read. No one's gonna notice right?
"Noah, hand over your book please."
Nevermind.
It's Mrs. O'halleren.
"Sorry Miss." I give her my book. What the hell am I meant to do now? I continue with my work. Oh my God, this is so annoying. I decide to go on my phone under my desk. I pause for a moment.
'Noco ships'?
I blink. What the...
I laugh it off and put my phone back in my pocket as the bell goes for break. Finally, Jesus. I cannot wait for today to be over.
~~~
Narrator
Noah and Cody say goodbye to their friends as they both walk to their third period classes. Coincidentally, they have the same class. Who knew?
They walk towards their class, Noah speeding up as he notices Cody is just a couple of feet behind him.
Noah locates himself in his seat, unable to get Cody off his mind. "What is wrong with me?" He thinks to himself as he notices Cody walking in. Cody walks in, slightly pink from the speed-walking. He hastily gets his stuff out, half of it dropping on the floor. Some people snicker and giggle. Cody goes red and picks his stuff up quickly in embarrassment.
Noah
I'm now in maths. Not bad, I guess. I'm sitting next to Eva in maths. We're friends, I guess. Eva, Izzy and I hang out sometimes. "Hey, Eva." I wanna ask to hangout, just to take my mind of Cody. But also just to hang out. "Wanna hang out after school today?" I ask. What if she says no? She barely ever says no, though.
"Yeah. Sure. I don't know where Izzy is though. Haven't seen her all day. Maybe she's on the run again."
Classic Izzy. One day she's a mathematical genius, the next day she's some nut job. Seriously, she's insane.
"So I'm assuming she's not coming with us then?" I ask. Okay, that was a really stupid question. God, Noah.
"Yeah, no. She's not going to." Eva replies. Everyone's scared of Eva. She's one of the only stronger girls in my school. She threw a tantrum at some boy because he picked up her pencil she dropped. Not sure what happened to the poor kid, haven't seen him since.
The bell goes again. Finally.
After school
Cody
I always take the bus back home. It sucks. Everyone's throwing stuff around, its loud, yeah. Ones like Duncan sit at the back. They run the whole bus. Then there's people like Leshawna. The popular ones, but not too over the top. They're chill most of the time. Then there's ones like me, the geeks or nerds. The front of the bus is always overtaken by the nerds. All of the projectiles fly towards our section of the bus. We're always too scared to retaliate.
I find a spare spot, second row from the back, and take out my Nintendo Switch. I turn it on, and insert the card for Animal Crossing.
I sit there for a while, just minding my business, when my phone buzzes.
It's Noah.
Oh.
Did my heart just... flutter? What the hell..?
I read the text.
"When is your birthday, by the way?" Noah texts.
I reply with "April 1st!" and carry on decorating my island.
Noah
"He said it was April 1st." I reply to Eva's question. "...why?" I think I know where she's going with this.
"..maybe you could give him a birthday present?" she suggests. "Just as an act of kindness."
"You don't think I've got a crush on him, do you? Because I don't." I say suspiciously.
"You don't?" she asks. Oh. So she did think I had a crush on him. Seriously? Can't anyone hang out with anyone? I sigh.
We keep walking through the forest. "Did we seriously have to choose a hike as a way to hang out?" I can't help but complain. I'm not very athletic, in case you couldn't already tell.
"Can you quit complaining? We're almost back." Eva replies.
"I just... can't get him out of my head." I sigh. I don't know what's wrong with me.
We stay silent for a while. What was that? I turn just before I get knocked over by Izzy, jumping from a branch above me.

 What was that? I turn just before I get knocked over by Izzy, jumping from a branch above me

Gigglez :3