Chapter 31

Lee Know POV

Lee Know POV

I forced myself to sleep. I took a melatonin and passed out on Felix's couch. Seungmin had dropped Hyunjin back off so that his family didn't get suspicious.

Everything was set in motion for the next day. Felix would spend the day with Changbin. Seungmin would pick Hyunjin up around 5. Jeongin would get there around 8:30.

Hyunjin and Seungmin would watch the cameras to see when Jeongin left, and they'd notify me once they made the ransom call to his parents. They'd then drive him far enough out of the area to inconvenience the Hwangs and their security.

Then, I'd sit by and wait for the SUVs to roll out so that I could break in and save Han.

Easy.

I packed a bag for Han with extra clothes and things I thought he might need. I included plenty of medical supplies, too.

"I'm off to spend the day with Changbin," Felix said. I looked up at his face, and it was full of nerves.

I crossed the room to pull him in for a hug. "I'm so so sorry for what you've been through," I said.

"You too," he whispered. "Stay safe." He had tears in his eyes, but his voice didn't shake. Felix was stronger than any of us.

I simply nodded, and he headed out the door to do his part.

I had hours to kill before I would be able to do anything. Hyunjin had left the footage for me of Han's room and, as adamant as I had been about wanting it, I couldn't bring myself to watch.

It was bad enough to have been tortured by the Hwangs myself, but seeing them torture someone I...it would be too much.

My phone buzzed, making me jump. It wasn't from anyone involved in the extraction though. It was Mrs. Seo, asking for another update on Han. I was grateful I had banked some photos early on so that she hadn't seen everything I'd found.

 I was grateful I had banked some photos early on so that she hadn't seen everything I'd found