Prologue

In the heart of Panem's District 7, amidst a sprawling expanse of towering trees, lived a young boy named Alistair Arrow

With his infectious smile and boundless energy, Alistair was a beacon of joy, capable of brightening even the gloomiest of days.

He reveled in the beauty of nature, finding solace and inspiration in the tranquility of the forest.

Alistair's passion lay in archery. Using the lumber that District 7 provided, he crafted his own arrows, each one a testament to his skill and dedication.

He would spend countless hours scaling the trees, aiming his arrows with precision, their flight tracing graceful arcs against the verdant backdrop.

Alistair's life was a harmonious blend of family and his love for nature, a sanctuary from the harsh realities of District 7's role as Panem's lumber provider.

His father, mother, and little brother formed the anchor of his existence, a source of unwavering support and love.

But the tranquility of Alistair's life was shattered when his name was called at the reaping for the 72nd Hunger Games.

The grim reality of Panem's brutal spectacle crashed upon him, forcing him to confront a fate he never imagined.

Thrust into the arena, Alistair found himself surrounded by fear and desperation. The camaraderie and alliances that others sought were of no interest to him.

He saw the other tributes as potential threats, their survival a direct challenge to his own.

Alistair's strategy was one of calculated solitude. He hid in the shadows, emerging only when necessary, his arrows finding their mark with deadly precision.

His lips remained sealed, his words as scarce as the sunlight that filtered through the dense canopy of trees.

When he emerged victorious, Alistair felt no elation, no sense of triumph. The weight of his actions, the lives he had taken, pressed heavily upon him.

The Hunger Games had transformed him, leaving behind a shell of his former self, his youthful spirit replaced by a hardened resolve.

Alistair Arrow had always believed that winning the Hunger Games would be the end of his suffering.

But after his victory, President Snow approached him with a proposition that left Alistair feeling utterly disgusted.

Snow wanted Alistair to sell himself to the sponsors, to become a pawn in their twisted games. Alistair vehemently refused, his pride unwavering despite the threat that hung heavy in the air.

Snow, however, was not accustomed to being denied. In a display of his ruthless power, he orchestrated the deaths of Alistair's entire family – his father, his mother, and his little brother – as a cruel punishment for Alistair's defiance.