#003

"follow me."

huening kai motioned to me. we were walking up a slope which wasn't that steep. it has been, i think, two weeks since my move in and kai and i had already became close due to our age similarity. i might've also gotten a small crush on this cute guy but it's a tiny crush that won't affect anything and i can easily move on.

"this way."

we strolled towards the library that the said male apparently had work at. huening kai softly hummed a song. i toddled closer to him, finding comfort in his warmth. he smelled good too. i couldn't put my finger on the smell but it was strangely comforting and pulled me in even more.

my eyes wandered to the meadows. dandelions, their delicate white tufts, swayed gracefully in the gentle breeze. the afternoon sun bathed the meadow in a warm, golden glow, casting a soft luminosity that danced upon the velvety petals of wildflowers scattered across the grass. a few kids played catch, chasing after each other with their carefree spirits adding a lively energy to the tranquil scene. in the distance, farmers moved. the rustle of leaves, the distant calls of birds, and the distant hum of the countryside created a melody that resonated with the heart of the meadow.

"we're here," kai announced with a grin, his eyes gleaming with pride.

ding!

a soft chime filled the air as i entered the library. the interior embraced a cozy ambiance, the scent of aged books and the soft hum of a radio played. cool air also embraced me. the air conditioner looked almost run down but it was working well. an old yet loved classic song played.

'put your head on my shoulder, whisper in my ear, baby'

"welcome," greeted a voice, and i turned to find huening kai's sister behind the counter. however, her warm welcome was interrupted by a roll of her eyes when she noticed her brother.

"about time you came. i need to piss. hurry, take over," she declared, flashing me a friendly smile before making her exit. huening kai chuckled, seemingly accustomed to his sister's straightforwardness. 

'some people say that love's a game. a game you just can't win'

'if there's a way, i'll find it someday and then this fool will rush in'

huening kai waddled towards the counter, doing something. i occupied myself by looking around. there wasn't even anyone here. the library wasn't that big as well but rows and rows of shelves stood filled with books. i then looked over at the counter and a guitar at the side caught my eye. my eyes sparkled, "do you play the guitar?"

"i do. a little. i'm not that good though." shyly, kai answered.

"play it for me, will ya?" i pleaded, eyes looking up into his. i stepped forward, putting my hand onto the countertop while staring into his iris. that was when i realized; he's so tall. is he slenderman? i wasn't that short. if anything, i was taller than most average girls but this man right here doesn't look the average height of guys.

"it's gonna be bad, haha..." he picked up the guitar. he warmed himself up, strumming it and then a familiar tune started playing.

"can you sing too?"

kai bit his lip and nodded, "i'm not the best singer,"

"i am not any better. don't worry, i wanna hear you sing." i urged him. defeated, he nodded. the strumming continued and his lips parted, ready to vocal out loud.