#009

"i wanna go somewhere."

"then go."

"but i don't know." kai sighed unsurely. he scratched his neck and turned his gaze to his friend who was busy scrolling through her phone. her eyes were glued to the screen. she frequently coughed and shifted in her seat.

"there's nothing here though."

"then go find something."

"wanna go together?"

"go where?"

"i don't know. somewhere?!" the male exasperated. his friend hummed, glancing at him with an unimpressed look before returning her gaze back to her phone. with a smack of his lips, kai threw a pillow at the phone obsessed girl. y/n yelped when she felt the impact and dodged for safety when another pillow came flying towards her.

"hey! that was uncalled for, you jerk." y/n narrowed her eyes into a glare and playfully tossed the pillows on her side towards kai. he easily dodged, "you deserve it. you don't seem to be able to read through my words and get what i am talking about."

"i'm sorry i don't have telepathic skills to ready your mind to figure you out then." y/n sassed. "what do you want me to do about your boredom?"

"i wanna go out with you."

"you want me so bad and it shows, kai." y/n laughed, hiding the fact that her heartbeat had sped up with how smooth the boy was. "you ain't slick at all."

"shut up before i toss you out of the house."

"this is my house." y/n blinked, finding what the male said ridiculous. kai cleared his throat, "i can do whatever i want and i can throw you out." y/n turned her phone off and shifted her attention onto kai which slightly made him happy. "i bet you can't even throw me out." she challenged and raised her brow teasingly.

kai chuckled with a mischievous glint in his eyes as he considered his friend's challenge. "oh, you underestimate me, y/n. don't make me prove you wrong."

he rose from the couch, a mock seriousness on his face as he approached her. y/n couldn't suppress the giggle that escaped her lips. she playfully scooted to the corner, attempting to evade his prying hands, her heart racing in tandem with the anticipation of his next move. his fingers lightly grazed against her arms, sending a delightful tickle through her. the sensation made her squirm and giggle even more, her cheeks beginning to flush with a warmth that extended beyond the warmth lingering outside.

with an exaggerated gesture, kai swept y/n off her feet, cradling her in his arms. laughter bubbled between them both as he pretended to carry his friends towards the door. "looks like someone is getting tossed out," he teased, his tone carrying a playful edge. his playful tone sending a delightful shiver down the girl's spine. she felt her cheeks heat up as the teasing banter continued, the close proximity and the shared laughter creating a whirlwind of emotions within her.

"looks like someone is getting tossed out,"

y/n protested, "ain't no way you're actually throwing me out!" the girl whined, wiggling in his embrace as she noticed they were getting closer to her the door. kai tightened his grip on her, causing the girl to freeze.

as he reached the imaginary threshold of the "forbidden" house exit, kai paused, their eyes locking for a moment. the laughter faded, leaving a moment of unspoken connection between the duo. his gaze softened, and for a brief moment, the world outside them disappeared. kai looked away first, clearing his throat.

"okay, okay, you win," kai admitted with a sheepish grin, setting y/n back down gently. "but remember, i could have done it if i wanted to."

"sure, kai, whatever you say."

"you know what, get back here so i can actually throw you out." kai changed his mind, his eyes twinkling with mischief as he extended his arms, ready to scoop her up once again. y/n scurried away like a rat whilst kai chased her like a cat.

"get away from me!" she yelped and continued dashing. the couch was now in between them, giving y/n the advantage to save herself. she darted around the couch, utilizing every inch of space to maintain her lead. kai circled the couch with a grin, his eyes tracking her every movement intently. het let out a malicious laugh. "you can't run forever."

"yes i can."

kai raised a brow, "oh?" and without warning, he jumped over the couch. he slightly stumbled but got to his feet hastily. y/n shrieked as she barely missed his touch. she ran up the stairs with kai running behind her. in a blink of his eye, his friend had vanished into one of the rooms upstairs.

"hide and seek? really?"

only silence answered back as kai stood between the 3 doors with dilemma. the house hushed with the sound of the outside and boards creaking resonating. cockily, kai tilted his head as he decided to venture into y/n's room. he checked under the bed, inside the closet and inside the bathroom but y/n wasn't there. fortunately for him, the sound of someone coughing suddenly shattered the silence in the house. he smirked.

"oh my, i wonder where my y/n is at...!" he slowly stepped out of the room and strolled to the guest room, "is she..." he trailed, "here?" he looked under the bed, finding dust and unused boxes laying there.

"or is she here?" he hastily opened the closet door, only to end up coughing as dust began to swarm him. out of the blue, his ear managed to dig out the sound of someone shifting just behind him. his smirk grew wider as he turned.

"or..." he sing-sang, "is she here?"

and alas, a startled shrieked from y/n pierced the air when kai found her squished in between a wall and a large wardrobe that covered her figure. trapped and feeling a bit helpless, y/n attempted to find an escape route, her eyes wide and her face flushed with a mixture of surprise and embarrassment.

kai's playful demeanor softened as he took in the sight of y/n. their eyes met as they stared into each other. y/n writhed against the wall whilst kai teasingly leaned closer, trapping her even more. their bodies were inches apart. y/n swore his warm breath fanned against her collarbone. "well, well, what do we have here?" he teased gently, his gaze meeting hers. y/n tried to hide her face, the blush on her cheeks betraying the amusement and embarrassment she felt at the moment.

"tell me i'm handsome and cute and i'll let you go." kai grinned.

"why would i even? violence is better in this case."

"would you rather do that or kiss me? it's your choice." kai teased, not minding the fact y/n was preparing to twist his entire arm to leave. though his words may seem like a harmless joke, y/n felt herself grow red. she averted her gaze from him, breath hitching. her mind wandered everywhere. kai seemingly raised a brow.

"so what's your choice?"

"come.. come closer and i'll tell you." y/n stammered slightly as she gestured.

"are we actually gonna kiss?" kai asked. he obeyed her command and leaned forward, expecting a peck from her. however, instead of the lips that he desired, a hand pecked his head instead and he stumbled forward.

y/n hastily ran off, "even if i'm at the verge of dying, i won't do either one of your choices!"

kai watched as his friend ran off. he cackled, "whatever! don't forget, we're going out tonight so get ready!"