4. Heaven Is Found

“Victor, I'm going to fall if you do not slow down!” Megara yells, almost tripping over herself. “It’s only a little further now!” He laughs, dragging her along with him. This beach was always their favorite date spot, now dating for 3 years, completely in love.

While they have been together for a while now, Megara still hadn’t told Victor the complete truth about her past and while she felt guilty about it she couldn’t make up her mind on whether to tell him or not in fear of being discovered and being sent back to the Hell she tried so hard to escape.

“And we’re here!” He cheers, shoving her infront of him. Rose petals and candles making a past towards a heart in the sand made of even more rose petals. “Oh Victor,,this is beautiful,” She laughs, tears in her eyes.

“I wanted to do something special since we’ve been together for 3 years now.” He laughs as they walk along the path, Megara’s long white dress dragging along the sand. “Is this something special? Victor you do something special every month at this point it’s normal.” She laughs.

“Well I apologize I want to show you how much I love you.” He laughs as she punches his arm lightly. Megara knew he was up to something, as to what that something was she had no idea but she was about to find out.

“I don’t mind, please do continue to show me.” She laughs as they stop just in the middle of the heart. “Certainly.” He laughs, getting down on one knee. “Victor.” She mutters, tears welling in her eyes.

“Megara, will you make me the happiest sinner in Hell and marry me?” He pulls out a ring box, the ring inside having a beautiful golden ring with red diamond in the center. She doesn’t say anything, just stands there, tears running down her cheeks.

3 years of steady dating, all leading up to this moment she’s dreamed of since she was a little girl. “Oh my Satan yes!” She laughs through tears, jumping on him as they fall back. “Thank Satan, the way you were looking down at me had me deeply frightened.” Victor laughs through tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Megara! What do you recommend we eat for dinner?” Megara doesn’t answer, just keeps sitting in bed, staring at the wall blankly. Everything about the engagement was perfect, except for one thing.

Her sister wasn’t there.

Ever since they were both little girls, they would talk about the day she was to get engaged. They would go out and eat all the sweets they wanted to celebrate, maybe go for a fly around the palace one more time before they both moved on with their lives.

“Megara?” She gets out of her trance like state, Victor poking his head into the room. “Yes Victor?” She laughs nervously, making it extremely obvious something was on her mind. “You have been awfully quiet since we got back, is everything alright?” He asks, stepping into the room.

She doesn’t say anything, just goes back to staring at the wall. Victor sighs, walking over to their bed and sitting next to her, his back turned to her. “There's something you’re not telling me, Megara. We’re engaged now, we should be able to trust each other by now.”

Tears well in her eyes, she had always felt guilty for keeping her past from him but now more than ever. “Whatever it is you’re not telling me, I would like to know. I won’t breathe a word to any other sinner nor judge you. That I promise you.” He turns to face her.

She looks at him, a single tear running down her cheek. “I want to, but I cannot exaggerate when I say you mustn't breathe a word to any sinner. MY past is something full of dark secrets and I cannot land myself back in the Hell I worked so hard to escape from once before.”

He looks at her, clearly worried but nods. “I can assure you Megara, I will not breathe a word.” She doesn’t say anything, just gets up walking over to the dresser, reaching back into it, pulling out what at first glance looks like any regular old jewelry box, but in reality holds all the secrets to her past.

She walks back over to their bed, taking her locket, revealing it to be the key to the box. She and her sister had been given them upon their birth. Made from gold and Emerald there were only so many of these in Heaven, and this was the only one in Hell.

“My name isn’t Megara, I was never even mortal.” She sighs, opening the box, pulling out a polaroid photo of her and her family. She smiles upon seeing her sister's face again, she hadn’t opened this box since she arrived down in Hell.

She hands it to Victor, while things like cameras still didn’t exist in the mortal realm, and wouldn’t for another thousand years she knew Victor would quickly understand what he was looking at. “You,,you’re Miriana Lovian?” He asks hesitantly.

“Yes.” She takes a sharp breath in, waiting to hear what he thinks of it. “No, you cannot be her, she has white feathery wings, skin as fair as snow, hair long and white. You don’t look like her at all.” He stammers.

She sighs, snapping her fingers, getting rid of her demon disguise. “Oh my Satan you really are her!” He yells, promptly standing up. “I apologize for not telling you sooner, I was so scared that I’d end up back there.” She sighs, blinking the tears out of her eyes.

He looks down at her, noticing her wings aren’t there. “Your wings,,,where are they?” He asks hesitantly. “There was a fire, my wings burned off. Leaving me like this.” She lifts the back of her shirt up, revealing burns and scars of where her wings once were.

She had never shown this to anyone, not even her sister. It had always been something she wanted to forget about, that was easier said than done though. “I wish I had it in me to tell you sooner, Victor I really do.” She sobs.

“While I wish you had said something sooner, I am glad you could trust me with this now.” He sits next to her again, holding her in his arms.

“Rather you’re Megara or Miriana, I swear on my very soul, my love for you is true.”