8. To You 20000 Years From Now

“Miriana?” Abigail muttered, stepping into the room. “What?” Miriana, putting a pillow over her face as Abigail walked into the room, opening the curtain, light pooling in. “Miriana I love you but I can’t keep stalling for you, everyone is asking where you’ve been. They’re worried,,I’m worried.”

“Ok well you shouldn’t be. I’m fine, who cares that my husband and children got killed!” She yelled, sitting up and glaring at her. “Alright, clearly you need a lot more time, I’ll tell them that you really can’t do it.” Abigail sighed, sitting on the bed.

It had been a rough month, Miriana hadn’t done much except lay around in bed. The only time she left the room was to shower or Abigail had forced her to go for a walk around the garden. She had even missed out on going to Abigail's pregnancy announcement, Abigail telling her later on in private which Miriana appreciated.

“I know it’s been a rough time for you, especially now that I’m pregnant but I’m here for you.” Abigail muttered, placing a hand on Mirianas head. “I’m sorry Abby, I want to be happy for you,, I am happy for you, it’s just hard right now.” She muttered.

“Hey, you have nothing to apologize for, you lost your whole family due to that woman's actions. You have every right to break down in tears and scream your lungs out if you feel like it.” Abigail sighed, blinking the tears out of her eyes.

“I know, look I’ll be out there in a bit alright?” She sighed as Abigail left the room, shutting the door behind her. Miriana looked around, making sure nobody was around before reaching under her bed and pulling out a book. It's filled with old spells, one even believed to have the power to freeze over any land light can reach.

I guess I’m no different than Ophelia she though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“She still isn’t coming out is she?” Osvaldo sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. “She said she was, although I doubt it.” Abigail muttered, sitting next to Andrew who glances at her. “We all just have to be patient, the girl lost her whole family.” Andrew sighs as Abigail rests her head on his shoulder.

“We can, the other royals can’t though. They could never understand what she's been put through, and by our own mother at that.” Abigail muttered, running her fingers through her hair as Osvaldo glanced at her.

“I’m so sorry, if I had just taken you two after Miriana was born and divorced her none of this would’ve happened.” Osvaldo muttered, tears in his eyes. There wasn’t a day that went by that he didn’t regret even speaking up about the way Ophelia treated Miriana.

“Father this isn’t your fault, this isn’t anyone's fault except for Ophelias. She is in Hell, where she belongs. You couldn’t have known that staying would’ve caused all this.” Abigail cried, covering her mouth with one of her hands as Andrew held her.

Osvaldo got up, walking over to Abigail and Andrew and holding her as well, tears finally leaving his eyes. All this time he didn’t want to cry, he wanted to be strong not only for Miriana but for Abigail.

Even if they had only known Mirianas family for a week, they had all come to love the girls and Victor. It was difficult to accept that they were really gone and couldn’t be brought back. “Perhaps we should check on Miriana.” Osvaldo muttered as a loud explosion could be heard outside, a gust of wind and snow hitting the windows.

“That can’t be good.” Andrew muttered as Abigail flew out of the room to Mirianas room, slamming the door open only to find it empty. “Miriana!” Osvaldo yelled as he spotted an open window, a ladder leaning against the wall.

“Miriana!” Abigail yelled, about to fly out the window before ANdrew stopped her. “Abigail no! Let the guards handle this, it's too dangerous!” Andrew yelled as another gust of wind and snow hit them, causing them to fly back into the wall.

“Miriana isn’t dangerous Andrew! She’s hurting and I’m going to be there for her!” She yelled, flying out of the window before Andrew could stop her. “Miriana!” Abigail called out, trying her best to fly through the snow.

It wasn’t long before she saw a bright blue light in the distance, along with some chanting. “Miriana!” Abigail yelled as she fell, her wings no longer being able to fly through the snow. “Miriana stop this!” She yelled as she spotted Miriana.

“Miriana, you don’t have to do this! You can return to Hell and visit their graves all you want! You don’t have to stay here!” Abigail yelled as Miriana ignored her, another blue ball of ice and snow forming, preparing to send it down to Hell.

“Miriana no!” Abigail yelled, jumping in front of it, causing it to hit her. A loud explosion happened shortly after, hitting Miriana, knocking her out just as Osvaldo and Andrew reached them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Abigail would pass away before I regained consciousness, Andrew dying not long after of a broken heart, the only thing more deadly to an angel than our own weapons.” Miriana laughed through tears.

“I did everything I could to fix my mistakes until I eventually froze, my father is the only remaining family member in Heaven, no doubt he’s getting to know your mother right now. Ophelia, unfortunately my mother, resides somewhere deep within Hell.” Miriana sighed, glancing over at Tracy.

“That was 20000 years ago, now it’s gonna be your job to get rid of her.