5. It's Never Enough

"Excuse me young ladies, but may I have a word with your parents?" An angel asks, walking up to the two young girls playing in their front yard. "What was it that mommy said we should do if we ever see an angel?" Madeline whispers to her sister.

"1, 2 3, run!" Melanie yells, grabbing her sister's hand and quickly running inside. "Well that could've gone a lot better." The angel sighs, walking up to the door.

"Mommy!" The two young girls yell, running towards Megara. "Ladies! What have I said about running in the house!?" She yells as they run up to her. "Megara, I'm sure they have good reason to run inside like that." Victor laughs, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"There's an angel outside!" Melanie cries, running over to her father. "There's a what!?" Megara yells, getting up from her seat, quickly running over to the front door and swinging it open. Sure enough there's an angel standing there.

"Good afternoon ma'am, I would like to have a discussion about your daughter. Madeline, her name is? The one with the black wings?" The angel asks as Victor comes up behind Megara. "Megara, what does this angel need?" Victor asks, grabbing ahold of Megara's hand in his in an effort to comfort her.

"He wants to talk to us about Madeline." Megara mutters, lightly squeezing Victor's hand. "I apologize but we are awfully busy today so you should really go and come back another day." Victor laughs, slowly closing the door before the angel uses his foot to stop it.

"Miriana, we know it's you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

"Sire, m'lady we have located the lost princess, Miriana.!" A guard yells, running into the room where the queen was located. "Where is she!? Where is my little angel!?" Osvaldo yells as Abigail quickly gets up, running over to the guard.

"That's where there is a slight complication, she's married." The other angels look at the guard, clearly confused. "So bring him here, I'm sure whatever angel she married is,, nice." Ophelia laughs nervously.

"Mother, he isn't an angel." Abigail sighs as her mother glares at her. "What do you mean by that?" Ophelia asks sternly. "She ran off to Hell." Abigail admits in defeat. "What do you mean she went to Hell!? And you knew about it!?" Ophelia yells.

"Well mother, your argument that night pushed her over the edge and she wanted to go else where, I wasn't going to deny her that!" Abigail yells. The years since Miriana left had been difficult to say the least, the wedding postponed, massive search parties.

"Now will everyone calm down!" Osvaldo yells as everyone looks at him. "I'm sure whoever Miriana married is a good man, while she likely won't want to leave him behind it is for the best." He sighs, while he didn't want to force her back, he didn't have much of a say.

The guard takes a sharp breath in, making it clear they won't like what he had to say. "You see she isn't just married, they have children together." The guard explains. "They what!?" Ophelia yells.

"Well can't we just leave them down there!? They're sinners! They belong there!" She yells as Abigail frowns. "Mother! Those are your grandchildren. They aren't sinners anyway their father is!" Abigail yells.

"Well given we aren't monsters, we will need to ask God for permission to bring them up here." Osvaldo sighs. "Well two of us aren't." Abigail mutters, catching the attention of her mother. "I am no monster Abigail! A sinner in Heaven is just absolutely absurd!" She yells.

"Well maybe it's a good sinner given she married and had children with him! Mother, you have never been happy for Miriana. She is married, with children. Your grandchildren! But it's not enough for you because the father is a sinner!? The one who should be in Hell right now is you!" Abigail yells as Ophelia slaps her in the face.

"You will say no such thing of me Abigail. Miriana has done nothing but fill your mind of crazed ideas!" Ophelia yells as Abigail runs out of the room. As crazy as she found it, part of her wished she had gone to hell with Miriana.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No please Lucifer no." Megara sobs and Victor holds her. "Everything will be alright Megara." Victor repeats over and over again in an attempt to comfort her. "Mommy? Daddy?" Madeline whispers, walking into the room, tears in her eyes.

"Why is mommy crying?" She asked, walking over and sitting next to them in bed. "Your mother doesn't want to leave us." Victor sighs, Megara shaking in his arms. "She doesn't have to! She can stay with us if we ask nicely." The young demon answers, completely clueless about the situation.

"No Madeline, this is a little more complicated than that. She can't stay, she has to go." Victor had always feared this would happen eventually, he just didn't think it would be this soon. Especially not with their daughters so young that they couldn't understand.

"But I don't want her to go!" The little girl cries, her mother finally finding it in her to look up at her daughter. "I don't want to go either Madeline but I don't have a choice." Megara sobs, her worst nightmare had come true she was going to be dragged back to what her Hell was.

Only somehow now it was worse.

This time she was going to have to leave her Heaven behind. Her husband, her daughters, everything she loved down here she had to leave behind like it meant nothing to her. Suddenly they hear a knock on their door.

"Come in." Victor yells, the angel stepping into the room. "Some good,,,yet unfortunate news." The angel laughed nervously. "You will all be going to Heaven."