7. An Angels Cry

TW: There will be gore in this chapter and it will involve CHILDREN.

"Oh Abigail,,you look beautiful." Miriana laughed, tears in the corners of her eyes. "Yeah,,but if Andrew doesn't cry I'm walking right back down that aisle until he does." Abigail laughed, brushing her fingers through her hair.

"Y'know you didn't have to wait..I wouldn't have cared if you had the wedding without me, had mine without you." Miriana sighed, sitting down next to Abigail. "Maybe you wouldn't have but it wouldn't have felt right if you weren't here. We're sisters Miriana and we always will be."

"Really? Because at this point you're more my mother than my sister." Miriana sighed as Abigail looked up at her. "Well I was expected to have produced an heir 200 years ago, guess we already have one."

"Oh please you're perfect, I bet they didn't care. Meanwhile everyones still upset that I left and are treating my children like outcasts." Miriana scoffed, she knew coming up here that people would likely look down on her kids, but she didn't expect it to be as bad, maybe even worse than when she was young.

"Well, I know how that feels. Believe it or not I wasn't always little miss perfect." Abigail laughed as Miriana just stared at her. "Oh please, what'd you do? Mess up while playing the violin?" Miriana scoffed.

"No, actually I was a lot like you when I was young. I wasn't miss perfect, I was a complete train wreck." She laughed. "Really? You were a train wreck, at two years old?" Miriana laughed.

"Yeah, I was a crazy angel. I disobeyed mother and father, constantly ran through the halls of the palace, and refused to engage in any of my lessons." Abigail laughed, blinking the years out of her eyes. "So why'd you change?"

"Miriana, the difference between you and me is you had the courage to be yourself despite what others said. I changed because I wanted to give you someone to look up to so you wouldn't have to suffer the way I did." Abigail laughed, tears finally leaving her eyes. "You,,you didn't have to. You shouldn't have changed actually, who cares what the other angels say!"

"I do Miriana, you have the courage to be yourself despite what even our own mother says and I admire that about you but I don't have that same courage." Abigail sighed, she wanted to share this with her younger sister a long time ago but never could bring herself to do so.

"Well,,I can only hope my daughters are alright. Getting bullied because their father is a sinner, that it's their fault. The angels here have no hearts." Miriana scoffed, adjusting Abigail's veil. "How bad is it?" Abigail asked hesitantly.

"Well if it wasn't for the fact that Madeline has black wings they'd be calling her a snowball too." Miriana sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "We all look like snowballs, these angels really need to come up with better names." Abigail scoffed.

"Yeah well what can we do about it. Now then, who's ready to go get married?" Miriana cheered as Abigail just laughed nervously in response. "Oh come on Abby, when Andrew lays his eyes on you he'll fall in love with you again."

"Oh of course he will, it's not that I'm worried about. It's the fact we're supposed to produce an heir, like they expect me to have conceived a child at least a month after our marriage. It's not that I don't want to, it's a lot of pressure for the both of us really."

"Abby, if there's one thing I know is you would be an amazing mother, you practically raised me. So, no matter how much pressure you're undee, me, father and Andrew will stand by you."

"Y'know I think I just thought of the perfect girl names." Abigail sighed. "Oh really? Who said you're going to have two girls?" Miriana laughed as Abigail frowned at her. "I've simply got a feeling alright?" Abigail laughed before continuing.

"How about Tracy and Adelina?" Abigail said hesitantly as Miriana stared at her. "Those names are nice, I'd want my name to be Tracy in my next life." Miriana laughed as Abigail finally got up. "And I'm sure in another life, I'll be your mother rather than your sister."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

"Victor!" Ophelia called out, making her way towards him as he turned to face her. "Hello Ophelia, I'm sorry, have I done something wrong?" Victor muttered, Madeline and Melanie hiding behind him.

"No, quite the contrary actually." Ophelia laughed before continuing. "I would like to apologize for my behavior a few days ago, you took care of my daughter and that is all that matters." Ophelia sighed as Victor simply nodded at her.

"While I can appreciate the apology, I believe it is Miriana you should be apologizing to." Victor scoffed as Ophelia just stared at him, clearly confused. "I don't understand. What do I have to apologize for?"

"If I remember correctly you prioritized one of your daughters and it certainly wasn't Miriana, bashed her for marrying a sinner and arranged a marriage for her despite having full knowledge that she's married with children!" Victor yelled, his voice echoing through the halls.

"Alright,,well I suppose we're far enough from the others." Ophelia laughed as she pulled out a blessed knife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Andrew, Abigail, have either of you seen Victor? Or our daughters?" Miriana asked nervously, the both of them looking over at her. "I haven't seen them, Andrew have you?" Abigail asked. "Yes actually, last I saw them they were leaving the ballroom with Ophelia."

"Was my father with them!?" Miriana asked frantically in a sweat. "I don't believe he was." Andrew responded as Miriana ran out of the ballroom. "You don't believe my mother could've done something to them, do you?" Abigail muttered, looking over at Andrew who took her hand in his.

"No, however we could go with your father in search of them if you'd like." Andrew replied, kissing the back of Abigail's hand as she nodded. "Alright, you wait by the doors while I go in search of your father alright?" Andrew sighed, walking in the opposite direction as Abigail walked towards the doors.

A million thoughts ran through Abigail's mind as she nervously tapped her foot on the ground. Would Ophelia let her hatred for Hell and its residents go as far as to harm her own daughter's family? Even if it was the daughter she cared about the least?

"Abigail, we need to go." Osvaldo muttered, clearly panicked as he grabbed. "What is going on!?" Abigail yelled as they stepped out of the ballroom, shutting the doors behind them. "Just relax Abigail, everything will be alright." Andrew muttered.

They didn't have to walk much before they heard the sound of Mirianas loud sobs echoing throughout the halls. "No, no! NO!" Abigail yelled, flying down the halls, turning every corner in an effort to find her sister.

Eventually she came across her sister and the rest of her family, only two of them were alive, Miriana and their mother. Falling to the ground it took everything in Abigail not to gag and throw up. Madeline and Melanie's throats were slit, gold blood splattered on the ground, walls and even the ceiling. Madeline's wings were cut off, black feathers spread all over the place.

Miriana was crying, holding Victor's body up to her chest, he was in the process of dying, choking on his own blood from his throat being slit as well. "Ophelia what have you done!?" Osvaldo yelled as Ophelia grinned back at him, blood covering her dress and face, the knife not far from her.

"I've done Heaven and all its residents a favor." She laughed psychotically, black tears running down her cheeks. "The only favor Heaven needs is getting rid of you!" Miriana yelled, getting up and storming over to her mother.

"Did it not occur to you that you'll be sent to Hell for this, mother?" Miriana laughed, her face mere inches away from her mothers and just like that, the smile on Ophelia's face was gone. "She didn't think of that now did she." Andrew muttered, helping Abigail to her feet.

"Ophelia, if anyone deserves to be down with the demons and the sinners, it's you. These poor girls, that man were family rather you wanted them to be or not and you not only took that away from Miriana but from the rest of us!" Osvaldo yelled as black tentacles came out of the ground, grabbing Ophelia's wrists.

“Osvaldo do something!” Ophelia yelled as more tentacles came out of the ground, wrapping around her waist. “No.” Osvaldo sighed before continuing. “There is nothing I can do, there is nothing anyone can do.”

“Burn in Hell Ophelia.”