08

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"What the hell is going on with you?"

Dario watched Mattia out of the corner of his eyes, from the flex of his biceps to his grip on the steering wheel. Soft tunes played from the radio but failed to occupy the silence that lingered in the air.

Mattia had been prissy since he'd barged into his office that evening, rude and prompt, not even bothering to say hello and ordering him to get his 'shit' to go. One thing he hated most, was Mattia's way of ordering him around. And for some dumb reason, he never really put up a fight. But arriving at lobby, maybe it would have been best to fight it out.

The freaking therapist just had to approach him at that time.

Whatever nonsense was riling Mattia up, this would only add unending fuel to the fire.

"I don't want to hear you fucking speak until we get back home."

Home. Dario scoffed.

"I don't know what daddy kink nonsense you might have stumbled on, and I doubt whoever referred it to you is sane in any way, don't ever think you could shut me up or tell me what to do. You keep pushing your limit."

The car halted abruptly and jerked forward as the sound of Mattia's stomp against the pedal echoed. "I keep pushing my limit?" His voice bounced off every corner in the car, his eyes widened and lips pulled into a deep frown. "Do you know what I just fucking saved you from? I could have died today because of your reckless behavior that keeps putting good people in their early graves!"

Dario let the weight of his words sink in. Staring ahead despite Mattia's position; turn to him, his scowl deepening with each second passed. He swallowed, "Just tell me what happened."

Mattia faced the road and maneuvered to settle at the curb of a busy street, taking his time to kill the ignition and lean back in his seat. "Aldo is dead."

"I suspected he'd be fished out soon." He ran a finger over a loose thread. "And let me guess, he told Leon the truth?"

"Thankfully, no. But he might as well have. Leonelli is not a fool. He knows how long I've been with the family, he knows how greedy Aldo could be, he'd be the weakest link to bribe for some Piro but at the same time we should have thought about it. Thought about the consequences of getting involved. Shit, he left that Delgado fucker to decide if we lived or died, how stupid could he be to steal from their shipment?"

Dario's eyes never faltered in remaining neutral as he asked, "Then how are you still alive?"

"That's the fucked up thing, D." He ran his fingers through his curves, taking a slow breath. "Your brother intervened, Damian I mean. The Delgado scum spared me to get a favor from Damian in the future. Do you know how insanely mental it is to owe those fucks favours?" His hands rubbed against his eyes, trying and failing to rub the teeming anxiety away. "I think Leonelli might be able to tie the shipment to you. You've been accused quite a number of times to being an addict to it. It won't be hard to put two and two together when it's related to me. Fuck."