5: Grownups

Hiko sat on a chair, her eyes tired but her wings powered by the light coming from the bright lamps shining on them.
The person in front of her looked at their healed hands in wonder before their cuts and bruises healed as well.
As Hiko tried to keep her eyes open, someone put a hand on her shoulder.

"That's enough for today," Hikari said behind her as he let her lean into him a little.

"I should hope so," Hiko mumbled. Never before in her life had she healed as much people as she had today.

Hikari sighed as he rubbed a hand on her arm, "I'm so sorry that he got you. I tried my best to stop him."

Hiko nodded and closed her eyes, "Do I get a place to sleep?" She didn't want to fall asleep on a chair in the middle of a villain lair.

As Hikari showed her to a room, he went inside with her and closed the door.
The way they both looked for camera's, Hiko at first appreciated that she wasn't alone, but then realised Hikari wasn't trusting people here.

Hikari finally sat down on the bed and sighed loudly as if he were the one to heal over fifty people.
"We need to talk."

Hiko sat down on the ground, "You don't trust them either?"

Leaning back slightly, Hikari looked up at the ceiling, "It all started when the boarder was created."
Hiko leaned against the bed, realised it was going to be a long story.
"Before, it was nobody who took the lead, we all looked at each other for things... you know..."

"What happened?"

"Some people decided there had to be changes. They were new people, mind you, so of course we at first said no."

"But now there's a boarder?" Hiko wondered how there's a boarder still.

"There was a hero attack, back when you vanished. That combined with the conditions this place had at first, we needed some changes and disisipns.
"Instead of turning to people they trusted, they turned to some grownups."

"Because they're older and know more." Hiko understood how kids worked by now, how their trust shifts easily.

Hikari nodded, "And now we're stuck with this boarder that doesn't even care that much. I think all they really do is gain information and using us as puppets."

As Hiko took a breath she realised how bad that sounded.
Letting it sink in she closed her eyes once more.

"Don't fall asleep yet," Hikari teased and held out a hand for Hiko to take. She did and he pulled her onto the bed.
"I don't think you're here just to hide. Your quirk is healing people, seeing you boosts everyone's spirits..."

Hiko pulled her legs to her chest, "Why do I boost people's spirits? I get the first part..."

Realising, Hikari smiled, "You don't know..."

"Know what?"

"You're a bit of a legend between those who've been around longer," Hikari explained, "I'll have to show you something tomorrow... but I just thought I had to say that—"

"Hold up." Hiko glanced at the door.
Some soft footsteps sounded as someone passed before they were gone.

"As I was saying," Hikari stayed glancing at the door with mistrust, "That man from before, Mayumi, he's planning something."

"I guessed," Hiko nodded, "But I honestly have a plan... I think."

"A plan?"

"Yes," Hiko nodded and pulled her wings close as she talked, "My father is a hero, a good hero. What if we set a trap for the boarder, let the heroes get them and get the others to safety?"

Hikari nodded and thought, "We could do that."

A yawn escaped Hiko, "I know, I made the plan..."

Smiling, Hikari got up, "Get some sleep, we can plot the boarder's demise tomorrow."

Hiko nodded and plopped down, taking the whole bed. Her wings unwrapped, one falling against the wall the bed stood against.

As Hikari left Hiko could only wish for her bed at home.
She wanted to spread both her wings please.

}[]{

As Hawks paced stressfully in Endeavour's office the flaming hero leaned his chin on his hand, "How many times will you lose your daughter?"

}[]{

Quirks were something he was intrigued by. Years had passed, years and years.
Now he had finally found the perfect healing quirk.

That one small villain group can try to keep their small bird to themselves, but as he pushed his glasses on his nose he wanted it for himself.