Chapter 6- Myriad's Part

Myriad watched Ryan and Taylor leave their base. She went on guard and got ready to fight.

A minute later, the zombies broke in.

“Get over here, you decaying things!” Myriad yelled.

All of the zombies snarled and came over to her. She swung her ax at them, killing a few of them. She could feel her heartbeat in her head. All she saw was red, she was so… frustrated.

Why did the zombies have to be here?

Why couldn’t they control the virus?

Why did they make the virus in the first place?

Why did they play like a god with the virus?

Why do the zombies have to tear her family apart?

Why couldn’t the zombies go away?!

She realized she had killed all of the zombies. She smiled. She ran to catch up to her crew. She was halfway there when she felt two sets of teeth sink into her arms, she screamed and she fell unconscious.

When she woke she knew one thing: Destroy.

She snarled and realized she couldn’t talk, she had turned.

She couldn’t control herself as she climbed a tree and jumped to another tree. She heard the other two zombies behind her.

Myriad heard Missy whisper something sometime later.

She dropped down in front of them with the other two zombies. She saw Taylor recognize her, Taylor saw the bites. Taylor snapped and attacked the left zombie, using a sharp rock to kill it. Taylor moved on to the second zombie, snarling. Taylor killed it the same way and snapped back.

Myriad wondered how Taylor would taste as she approached Taylor. Taylor was frozen with fear. Then Myriad went down from a shot. She was dying as Ryan took ammo from her.

She heard everyone say their goodbyes to her. When they left…

The world went black for Myriad.