Chapter 9- The Final Wishes

“Ryan! Ryan!” I yelled. I got no answer. I noticed a metallic taste in my mouth. It tasted similar to when I had eaten that zombie.

Did I eat someone?

There’s no way… right?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door open. I got hope.

“Ryan, we have to shoot her!” Missy says.

My hope left as fast as it came.

“She’s only thirteen! Please!” Ryan begs as he comes down the stairs with Missy.

Missy noticed I was awake. “You wanna know why this is happening?” She asks.

I nodded. “Yes, please,” I say.

“We were all sleeping when we heard a scream in the early morning. We ran in, but we were too late, you were eating Cayden. We had to get your attention and then pick you up. When we did, we had to tie you up and put you here in the basement. In other words, you had a craving for human flesh and acted on it,” Missy explains.

I wanted to throw up, I felt disgusted with myself. Then I had an idea. “Missy?” I ask.

“Yes, Taylor?” Missy answers.

“I have a final wish,” I say. “Well, three. But still.” I correct myself.

“Go ahead,” Missy says.

“I want to say goodbyes to everyone and hear their goodbyes to me if they want,” I say as my first wish.

“Alright, done. And the second wish?” Missy asks.
“The dress Ryan got me, I want to wear that,” I say as my second wish.

“That can happen too,” Missy nods. “Final wish?” She asks.

“I want all of you to take care of Ryan to the best of your ability. If you have to kill him, do it if you think it’s best. But only do what’s best for him, please,” I say as my final wish.

“Done,” Missy says, tearing up.

Ryan cries and hugs me. “I’m so sorry, I feel like I failed you. I was supposed to protect you and keep you stable,” he sobs.

“You did all you could, Dad. That’s all that matters,” I say in a reassuring manner.

“Let’s grant your wishes,” Missy says.