Chapter 10- The End

I was looking in my room for the dress Ryan got me. I found it after a bit of unpacking some things. I looked at it, it was so pretty. I got into it. I looked at myself in the cracked mirror on the door. I felt like something was off. I decided to do my hair nicely, rather than in my usual messy ponytail.

I put my hair into a nice high ponytail. I put a black bow in my ponytail. I felt so pretty and confident. I twirled.

I heard a knock on my door. “You almost done, Taylor?” Missy asks.

“Yup! Almost done!” I say.

I open the door. “You look nice,” Missy smiles.

“Thanks, Auntie!” I giggle.

Missy pats my head. “Let’s get your goodbyes said, shall we?” Missy asks, offering her hand.

“Yeah!” I take her hand and we go to the others.

I started to say goodbye to everyone. Most of them wouldn’t look me in the eye or they had disgusted looks on their faces, which made me sad. I tear up.

“Hey! Be nice to her! Is this really how all of you are going to treat her during her last moments?” Missy shouts.

Everyone else tried to say goodbye, but I knew it was fake. “I don’t want your fake pity,” I sigh. “Let’s go.” I say to Missy.

She nods and leads me outside, where Ryan was waiting. He was crying. I hugged him to hopefully make him feel better.

Ryan hugs back tightly. “I’m sorry it turned out this way,” he says.

“It’s okay,” I say. “You did everything you could.”
We let go of the hug and I went to Missy.

“Yes?” She asks.

I hugged her. “I’ll miss you, Auntie,” I say.

Missy hugged back. “I’ll miss you too,” she says.

I smile. I backed away when I heard the sound of a gun loading. I had forgotten about my fate for a moment. “Are you sure I can’t be saved?” I ask softly.

“We’re sure,” Missy says as she grabs my arms from behind and pins them to my back. “Ready, Ryan?”

Ryan nods and takes aim at me.

I wait for the shot, but it doesn’t come.

“What’s the hold up?” Missy asks.

“I can’t shoot her, I just can’t,” Ryan says softly.

Missy groans in frustration. “I’ll do it then!” She hisses and lets go of me. She snatches the gun from Ryan.

Ryan and Missy switch spots. Missy aims. “Wait!” Ryan says.

“What?” Missy snaps.

“Aren’t you forgetting to ask something?” Ryan asks.

“Oh! Yes! Anything you’d like to say, Taylor?” Missy asks.

“I love you both, and Myriad,” I say.

“Love you too,” they both say.

I heard the shot as everything went black.