Chapter 4: His Accident

"You know James is allergic to cats right?" Net who was busy scrolling through his phone looking for a place to take his boyfriend for a date to celebrate his birthday jumps in shock hearing the voice coming from behind him.

"What the hell man?" He asked while staring daggers at his lover's best friend Tor who just came out of nowhere standing behind him previously peeking through his shoulder to look at what's his doing.

"Dude I was just asking you a question, chill out." Tor responding with his hand raised in surrender smirks before taking a seat next to the pilot student who just scoffed.

"What do you want?" Net asked in a sour mood.

"I think I really need to look for a neurologist that can look into my best friend's thick skull so I'll understand how he fell in love with a guy like you." The medical student said in a serious voice dissatisfied with his attitude towards him.

"You don't have to look for a doctor to know the reason why, I can just tell you. It's because we're soulmates, James and I were born for each other, we are meant to be together. Me and him. Together." Net arrogantly said putting emphasis on the word together as he raised both of his hands interlocking his forefingers shoving it on Tor's face who just slaps it away.

"Don't be so confident. Time flies and feelings change." Tutor smiles in satisfaction seeing the frown that crept through the other's face over what he said.

"What? Still hoping for my boyfriend to fall in love with you too? Huh, keep dreaming because that will never happen. James is mine. He's mine." The bronze-skinned man said in a serious voice laced with resentment causing the other to laugh out loud.

"So you still remember that huh?" Tor shakes his head remembering the murderous aura coming out of the man sitting next to him when he overheard them talk about him being in love with his best friend during their sophomore years. 

"What, you think I would just forget about that? I don't forget things that are connected to my beloved." Net snorted. He looked at the man sitting next to him when he didn't hear any response even after a couple minutes had passed.

"I hated you you know," Tor started causing the other's brow to meet in the middle but did not say anything waiting for him to continue. "At first, when James told me you two are dating I was genuinely happy for him, because finally he found someone that likes him as much as he likes them. But then something in our relationship started to change, the times we spent together became limited when you entered the picture. That's when I started feeling threatened with you, I was anxious and afraid that I will lose James because you'll take him away from me. When my parents died, I was left all alone, James was the only one who stayed by my side during those tough times so I unknowingly became dependent on him."

Hearing the man confess the reason why he resented him, Net could do nothing but look at him in shock. He tried opening his mouth to say something but decided to close it back letting the other continue and finish what he wanted to say.