Chapter 6: His Feelings

"Just know that if you were to get caught and put behind bars for stalking, I'm not bailing you out." Yim looked at his childhood friend and commented while munching on the snack he bought. He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the bronze-skinned guy who's close to breaking his neck just to catch a glimpse of a certain medical student.

"I'm not stalking anyone." Net looked back at his friend and defensively denied it in a disapproving tone.

Yim did not answer and just looked at his friend dead in the eyes with his hand putting food in his mouth, causing the other guy to frown.

"I'm not stalking him. I just simply took a glance," Net irritably said under his friend's knowing look after not receiving any reply. "What about you? Why are you always here when you don't even go to this school?" he added, trying to prove a point.

"What faculty are you from?" The pale-skinned guy fed up with the other's nonsense ignored his comment and asked.

"Faculty of Aviation," Net responded, a little confused.

"Where are we right now?" Yim asked again.

"Faculty of Medicine?" The student pilot answered. "What are—"

"And how long does it take to come here from your own department?" Yim butted in, cutting off his friend's complaint.

"Fifteen minutes by foot—five minutes by car," Net hesitatingly answered, finally understanding what his friend was trying to say.

"So how come, even with that distance, you're always here "taking a glance" at that medical student almost every single day if you aren't stalking him?" His friend pointed out, dragging each word and putting emphasis on the last four.

"....."

"They—the cafeteria in this department just happened to sell really good food," Net lied through his teeth.

"Their food tastes like hospital food; your words, not mine," Yim reminded his childhood friend, who pursed his lips into a thin line, unable to refute what he said. "I've heard you complain about it every time," he added.

"....."

Net, unable to find words to defend himself, annoyingly got up and took his plate, which still had half-eaten food on it. He wordlessly looked at his friend with accusing eyes for a moment before opening his mouth.

"I'm full. Let's go back," he said flatly before turning around to leave.

"Ouch!" / "Shit!"

Net cursed out loud alongside a cry of pain from the one he bumped into right after leaving the table they were occupying. He steadied himself to avoid making a mess and spilling his food everywhere without bothering to look up. However, the sigh that he was about to let out after steadying himself was caught in his throat upon hearing a familiar, mellow voice with a tinge of irritation.