Chapter 8: His Affection

"So you guys are..." Ai looked at the two guys standing in front of her, pausing for a second before continuing. "Friends?"

She pursed her lips into a thin line and looked at them from head to toe, observing how suspiciously these two were acting. James was feeding the bronze-skinned guy an ice cream and used his thumb and index finger to wipe the side of Net's lip before simultaneously putting said fingers into his own mouth, licking it clean. The younger man didn't even flinch after doing so and just got back to eating his ice cream, taking a bite of the churros Net offered.

After slipping up and putting Net under the bus by blurting out his secret—how he likes James and all that—the latter just looked at her with puzzled eyes before looking at her junior. Ai then asked what the status between them was and immediately got confused when James laughed before pointedly responding, "Friends.".

"Hahaha, P'Ai, you're funny. What else would we be if we weren't friends?" James responded with a chuckle before grabbing Net's bicep and pulling him close, making Ai arch an eyebrow.

"Really?" she flatly replied, clearly not believing a thing she heard.

Ai blankly looked at the two, who started whispering in each other's ear while giggling, completely forgetting her existence. She couldn't help but sneer while rolling her eyes before raising her camera and taking a stolen shot of the two, who stopped and looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Want a picture?" She sarcastically said with a smile that did not reach her eyes before tilting her head to the side and playfully wiggling her eyebrow at Net, teasing him.

Net just laughed at her before wrapping his right arm around James' shoulder. He then used his left hand to lightly squeeze the latter's cheeks, who just giggled and made a peace sign before the shutter went off.

"Friends, huh?" Ai thought to herself before showing them the camera to look at what she captured. Both guys smiled while looking at the picture and were not able to see the judging look Ai gave them when she saw how their eyes lit up when they got a glimpse of it.

"Give me a copy," said Net while looking at his friend, who just nodded her head.

"Me too," James chimed in with a toothy grin, making Ai coo in adoration before squeezing his cheek.

"Of course~" said Ai with a bright smile before it was replaced by a frown when Net grabbed her arms, discreetly taking it off of James face.

"Tsk." Ai clicked her tongue while sharply looking at her friend before rolling her eyes. "I won't disturb you any longer; I'll go now because I still have a lot of things to do," she added with a wave.

"Bye bye, P'Ai. See you again soon." James waved back with a smile while Net just gave her a nod and smiled before facing the younger guy.

"What's next?" He asked James, who looked around before pointing at a water slide.