Chapter 11: His Home

"What are we doing here?" James looked at Net and asked, surprise written all over his face.

"You need to eat." Net glanced at him and casually replied before getting out of the car, ignoring the confusion on the doctor's face.

"What—" James shut his mouth, swallowing back his question when the man behind the wheels got out of the car. He pursed his lips into a thin line, following Net, who circled to his side with his eyes. He looked up like a lost child to stare at the honey-toned man who opened the door to the passenger seat.

"Let's go." Net took hold of the hand resting on James lap and guided him out of the car. The latter, left with no choice, could only look down at their locked hands before stepping out of the vehicle. He stood next to the older and unconsciously took a step back when Net came forward, leaving only a few centimeters of space between their bodies to close the door.

James blinked his eyes when Net looked at him with his head slightly tilted to the side before lightly squeezing his hand as he flashed a familiar, charming smile. For some unknown reason, a small blush slowly crept into the younger's face, and his heart started wildly pounding in his chest. It was a good thing Net's eyes didn't linger for long, because if they did, the redness in his face wouldn't seriously go unnoticed.

The bronze-skinned man started walking in the direction of the entrance of the store while holding James' hand, who just wordlessly followed behind.

"We're sorry, but we're already closed," King, who was sitting behind the counter while playing with his phone, announced in a loud voice without raising his head.

Net did not answer and just cleared his throat to get the owner's attention, who immediately raised his head to look at him.

"Oh, you're back," King nodded his head towards Net and casually said, making James frown in confusion.

"King, I'm ready—oh, your back? That was fast, and you even brought James with you. Hi~" Uea, who just came out of the kitchen, stopped and greeted the new arrival with a smile.

"You guys here for a date? Well, we're already close, so you help yourself out." King stood up and tucked his phone in his back pocket before approaching his lover, who was smiling at James. He wrapped his arms around Uea's waist as he guided him out of the store. "We'll be locking the front so you guys use the backdoor when you leave. Don't forget to turn off all the lights and lock the door," he added.

"Aren't you the owner? Are you seriously leaving us here on our own? Won't you assist us?" Net asked with a blank look in his face, bewildered at the owner's nonchalant behavior.

King just scoffs a laugh before facing Net while still holding his husband, who had his arms folded in his chest. "Dude, I'm not compromising my darling's rest to cater for your needs while you're on a date. You guys are old enough, so figure it all out yourself. We're leaving."

Net looked at the disappearing figure of the wedded couple in disbelief before heaving a defeated sigh. He then softly pulled James, who was left flabbergasted at the way he interacts with the people he supposedly should've forgotten.

"What is going on?" James thought to himself as he felt his head spin from confusion.

"What do you want to eat?" Net looked at James, who was looking at him like a lost child.

"Huh?" James opened his mouth and asked with puzzled eyes, causing a fond smile to form on Net's lip as he let out a light chuckle. The latter let go of the doctor's hand and gently touched James under his chin.