Chapter 12: His Love 🔞

"James," Net, who was looking through James' fridge, called out, making the latter, who was quietly watching TV, turn and look at him.

"Hmm?" James hummed in response while looking at the older with his right arm draped around the couch.

"What did you eat for dinner?" Net asked with a frown.

James slightly tilted his head to the side, a puzzled look painting his face, before realization hit him. Right now, he still hasn't eaten anything; he got too engrossed with the show he was watching, and with Net's unexpected arrival, eating has totally slipped his mind. He guiltily retracted his gaze when Net's frown deepened, seeing the realization that flashed on his face.

"I was planning to order takeout," he responded while avoiding eye contact.

"When was the last time you ate?" Net probed deeper, his voice turning serious, making James lightly bite his bottom lip before responding.

"I had brunch before I fell asleep," he honestly responded, pausing for a second before raising his hand.

"And yogurt," he added, making Net, who started walking towards him, sigh in resignation.

James looked up when a hand held his wrist before another took the empty yogurt container from his hand. He wordlessly followed Net with his eyes when the older man walked back to the kitchen, throwing the trash in his hand in the garbage bin before walking back to him.

"Let's go out," said Net while looking down at him.

"Aren't you going to rest?" James curiously asked while looking up at the older man. "Let's just order takeout," he added, but Net shook his head.

"There's no need. Let's go," Net briefly answered before leaning his torso to take hold of the younger man's hand.

James did not protest and just wordlessly got up on the couch, letting the older man lead him out of his apartment down to the parking lot, hand in hand. When they reached the basement, the bronze-skinned man immediately guided him to his car before they drove off.

"It's close," James blurted out, and he looked at the man behind the wheels with puzzled eyes upon seeing the restaurant Net brought him. He couldn't help but knit his brow when the bronze-skinned man just shrugged his shoulders while glancing at the rearview mirror as he properly parked his car.

"It's fine. We can just open it," Net nonchalantly answered, making the younger man's frown deepen before taking another glance outside the window.

When he first looked outside, he couldn't really clearly see the store because of the moving vehicle. It was only because the light was turned off on the front of the store, along with the fact that it's already past midnight, that he could tell it's already closed. However, now that he could get a clearer view of the place, he stopped as realization hit him—it was the same restaurant where he met Net's family for the first time after cutting off contact for years.