Chapter Three: The Story starts with a look....

We had just arrived at Calais with Lola, Greer,Kendra, Aylee, and myself. We decided to rest before carrying in the next leg of our journey.

"I am so excited to Mary again,"

Aylee said, clapping her hands, i smiled at her because I knew how excited she was to be at French Court.

"Yes, we do what we can to ensure Mary wins Francis heart."

Kendra says this with a drawl, and I must admit i find her endearing.
I wanted to save Francis, he did not deserve his fate. It was something I had learned young was how to produce vitamins to improve health and immune system. I had a healer go to French court and offer what I had created to improve Prince Francis health then showed Nostradamus how to make it then left, it would give him a better chance at fighting the ear infection but I was pulled out of my thoughts when the girls all the girls hummed in agreement, and I chuckled slightly because of it, which caused them to look at me with a question.

"Who wants to bet Mary is clueless when she arrives?"

"Surely Diana, the nuns would have taught her something?"

I just smiled, but they all agreed with me, I was closest to Greer and Lola out of the four of them, but I had never met Aylee and only met Kendra twice.
I made sure to help Greer with her own investments, so that when her father started to lose him money, she had enough to support her mother and siblings.

We rode of the next day, they rode in the carriage, and I did on horseback with our men protecting the carriages.
Because I was technically second in line in Scotlandand third in line for England, so if Mary died with no issue I would be Queen, I had a lot of guards but these guards were specially trained at Stirling Castle, they under went intense physical and mental training to become part of my shadow guard, they dressed as regular guards, maids, etc to ensure they could be with me at all times, men or woman I was accepting of both.

We were only an hour away from Fontainebleau, where the Royal Court was when I noticed people lurking beneath the bushes by the trees, I told the girls that I would catch up and they carried on
Once they were out of sight, I dismounted my horse and swith drew my sword before walking towards the bushes.

"Come out,"

I did not shout, I simply spoke it, and three men came out looking almost scared when seeing me.

I must admit I probably looked fierce dressed in leathers with almost metallic looking patterns.

"Why are you here? Are you highway men?"

I spoke in French to them because i doubted that common folk were trained in other languages.
They dropped the sticks they were holding and got down on their knees and started speaking rapidly.

"We do not know, m'lady. we are just so hungry that we are willing to do anything."

I could hear the desperation in their voices, and I knew at the moment what I would do.

"Do you have any families?"

They shook their head.

"Died m'lady."

Thst squeezed my heart because you could see the sorrow in their faces.

"I will do more than feed you in exchange for your loyalty.
I will house, feed, and train you to be one of my people. What say you?"

They all got on their knees and swore on god and their souls but I turned to Angus my commander of my guard , he nodded to three other guards who got these men into the spare carriage with some food and a warm blanket with some water.