Extra pockets aren't always fun

Bucky's POV

I continue to stare at Sam. "Landing in three!" Torres yells. Sam stands up and walks over to the door. "Ready, Buck?" He asks. I inwardly sigh. I nod, standing. Torres quickly lands the plane in a clear patch. "You sure you don't want me to stick around?" He asks Sam. "Yeah we're sure." Sam replies while fixing the ear piece that is in his ear. Torres gives me one last side glance before we going back into the plane.

"Torres doesn't like me." I think to myself as Sam and I walk down the two-lane road. "What's going on in that cyborg brain of yours?" Sam jokes. I grunt. "It's computing." I respond. Sam laughs. "So what's our plan?" Sam asks, going back to full Captain America. "It's a bunker. We will get in through the sewer and climb our way up. We should end up in a back storage room." I answer. Sam slowly nods. "So we are walking through shit so we can beat up pieces of shits?" I snort. Sam grins trufintly. "Ha you just laughed!" I quickly scold my features. "Did not."
"Did too."
"Did not."
We continue like this until we get to the drainage pipe.

I rip of the metal sewer gate right off its hinges and throw it into a bush. "Lady's first," I tease, doing a half bow to really sell it. Sam rolls his eyes and grumbles something along the lines of "forty's bastard" before climbing into the pipeline. I quickly enter after him, clicking on my flashlight. The pipe isn't small but I still have to hunch over. "This is fucking disgusting." Sam announces behind the hand that is covering his mouth and nose. I nod solemnly. "Oh what did you do this Saturday Sam? Oh you know walked hunchbacked through a sewer drain. How about you?" Sam chatters out, mostly to himself. I roll my eyes. "You didn't have to come." I remind him. Sam stops walking. "And let you have all the fun?" He asks, glancing over his shoulder. I smirk. "So you are having fun?" Sam kicks me in the shin.

"Oh finally!" Sam sighs out in relief while holding his flashlight up at the ceiling. I look up to see the exit. "About time." I grumble, as I slowly start to turn the handle. "Hurry up before I puke." Sam whines. "Shut up."
I push the latch up and start to climb out of the hole. Once Sam and I are both out, we quickly survey the room. It's small. No bigger then a janitors closet. "Hey what's that?" Sam asks, pointing at one of the many boxes that are sitting on a little metal wire shelf. I shrug. "No idea. This might be their filling room."
Sam shutters. "Yuck, paperwork." I roll my eyes. "Door." I state while walking over. "Wow really? I thought it was a portal to NeverLand." Sam sasses, walking behind me. I shoot him a glare over my shoulder.

"All I'm saying is that you would be an amazing Grinch." Sam whispers from behind me. I stop walking. "You hear that?" I murmur. Sam tilts his head to the side. "You go left I'll go right?" Sam whispers. I nod.

I slowly slip into the room, making sure to keep to the shadows. Once I am securely hidden in a corner, I glance up at Sam who is on the catwalk. Sam smirks and raises a brow. I give him a little nod. We both jump out.
Sam quickly starts to take out the snipers while I start fighting the agents on the ground. I take out two agents with ease. "SAM SIX O'CLOCK!" I yell. Sam spins around from the agent he just threw and starts to fight the other one. I catch the punch thrown at me from one of the agents and throw him into the wall. I spin around once again, looking up at Sam. "Shit," I cuss when I see him fighting off three agents. I pull out my gun from my thigh holster and aim at one of the three agents. I squeeze the trigger and the agent falls, dead. I then feel a hot flash of pain. I spin around to see a hydra agent standing right behind me, he is holding a bloody knife. I shoot him straight in the face before turning back to Sam. I quickly run over to where he is fighting on the ground, promptly ignoring the burning pain on my side. Sam and I finish taking down the remaining hydra agents. "Well that was fun." Sam pants out while putting the shield back onto his back. I give a little nod, feeling my head start to spin. Sam starts to walk towards the exit. "Let me quickly download the files we came here for and then we can call Torres to come pick us up." Sam states, pulling out a thumb drive from his utility belt. When I don't respond Sam looks up from the computer. "You alright, man?" I nod, but before I can even take a step forward my knees give out, and I crash onto the cold hard floor. Sam is beside me in an instant, gently holding up from my shoulders so I don't face-plant. "Wow, wow man what's wrong?" He asks, looking me over. I slowly pull my head up, it feeling like it says a tone. "G-got s-stabbed." I slur, trying to blink the black spots out of my vision. Sam stops moving. "Where?" He asks through clenched teeth. I sloppily gesture towards my left side, on the back. Sam shifts a little to get a better view before gently lifting my shirt up. "Shit," I hear him mumble. "Sam," I start. Sam looks up. "I don't feel so..." but I can't finish.

I wake up to a steady beeping sound. I slowly peel my eyes open, which takes way more work than it should, and look around. The walls are a bright white, the type of white that is almost blinding, I then notice the IV drip. "Mr. Barnes?" I whip my head around to see a man, probably in his mid 50s, wearing a white lab coat standing next to the bed I know realize I am laying down in. I shoot up, quickly trying to scramble back away from the scientist. "Mr. Barnes!" The scientist yells while grabbing my real arm. I jerk back, falling out of the bed with a thud. A door opens and in walks two more scientists. I keep scrambling back until my back hits one of the white walls. The first scientist starts to talk but I can't hear him over my own breathing. I pull my knees to my chest, trying to make myself as small as possible as the two new scientists start to walk towards me, one of them holding a syring. The second scientist tries to grab real wrist but I flip it to where I grab him and sling him across the room. He slams into the opposite wall before crumpling to the ground. The third scientist starts to try and grab me like the second one did but I grab him by the wrist with my metal arm, crushing it in the process, before throwing him across the room as well. He lets a strangled cry before landing on the second scientist. The first scientist screams. The door then slams open. "EVERYONE OUT!" A voice bellows. The three—well the two scientists quickly pick up the second scientist before running out of the room. I burry my head into my knees and wrap my arms around myself.

Sam's POV

I finish feeling out the last bit of paper work when I hear a crash come  from Bucky's room. I practically throw the clip board at the nurse before running over to Bucky's room and throwing the door open. The room is a mess. The bed sheets are scattered across the tile floor. The doctor is standing on the left side of the bed looking absolutely petrified. Another doctor is lying unconscious on the ground with a injured doctor on top of him. I then spot Bucky, curled up in the farthest corner hyperventilating. "EVERYONE OUT!" The two doctors that are still awake grab the unconscious doctor before scurrying out of the room. Once everyone but Bucky and I are out I gently close the door. I count backwards from ten before slowly walking over to where Bucky is huddled in the corner. I slowly kneel down in front of him. "Bucky?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper. He flinches and scoots father back into the corner if that's even possible. "Hey Buck can you look at me?" I ask, sitting all the way onto the ground. Bucky doesn't move but his breathing does start to slow. "I know that it probably freaked you out when you woke up in a strange place, and I'm sorry I wasn't there, but you're safe now." I mummer. Bucky slowly lifts his head. "Sam?" He asks, voice dry and cracky. "Yeah it's me." Bucky lets out a long puff of air. He slowly shifts, still not letting go off his knees but loosening up his shoulders. Small wins. "Where are we?" He asks after a beat of silence. "A hospital in DC." I answer. I small "oh," is all Bucky says. I glance back at the door before slowly scooting myself to where I am sitting beside Bucky instead of in front of him. Bucky lets out an awkward cough. "Did I hurt anyone?" He ask, not looking at me. "A little." I answer honestly. Bucky's shoulders hunch in a little. "Ithoughttheywherehydrascientists." Bucky mumbles. "I did not catch any of that." I state, turning to face Bucky. He takes a deep breath before looking up at me. "Um when I woke up. The white lab coats." He pauses, glancing away before looking back at me. "Uh I thought they were hydra." He mutters, quickly looking away. Oh. Oh. "I'm so sorry Buck. I should've been here when you woke up. I didn't even think about how that might affect you." I apologize. Bucky scoffs. "It's stupid that we even needed to come here. I little knife shouldn't have taken me out like that." Bucky states. "Hey," I state, grabbing his attention. "You are not with hydra anymore, James." Bucky face whitens. "You don't have to force yourself through pain. It's okay to need help and to be hurt, and I expect you to tell me straight away next time you are hurt, or I'll stick Sarah on you and trust me; you do not want to be lectured by Sarah." Bucky lips twitch. "Got it, Cap." I smirk.

Word count: 1808

This wonderful idea came from @aBuckyBarnesFan I hope this is at least similar to what you were hoping for! Sorry it took me a couple of days to write.
And of course if anyone has any one-shots they would like to read just comment the request and I'll try to write it the best I can.

P.S.
I've decided to do some Christmas one-shots. Those will include: fluff, angst, caregiver Sam little Bucky, and even some of them will be more romantic than what I usually write.

Have a wonderful day/night/week!!