Chapter 2 - The Gifts

• Dedicated to Jocelyn (My bestie who has made me who I am today! <3

Storm

Storm

"Yeah?" Asked Amital, locking her eyes with mine.

"We need to explain...things...to you." I say, looking straight at her.

I'm trying to figure out what the gift even is, considering the fact that there is no known information about Amital's lying around. Only the leaders know which one she has, and it must be, at least, dangerous. There's only two gift holders left, so she must have the more dangerous one. I don't know, though, which one is the most dangerous one. She's been on the radar, though, and they aren't paying attention to the other gift holder. I guess it's one gift at a time.

"Alright" Amital says, stepping out of her room, "but don't think it's going to be easy finding out about me."

I wince. It's hard to figure out anything about her as it was, mostly because she's incredibly stubborn. Somehow, I admire her bravery though. She's tough, and if we told her something and she really was our ally, she'd keep it from Hell. "Follow me." I say, gesturing toward the long hallway.

We walk in silence for a few minutes and then Amital asks a painful question. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, nervousness tensing up my whole body.

"About...Zagan." She seems hesitant, like she doesn't want to bring this up.

I freeze at the sound of her name. Her beautiful face comes into view. It pains me, and I have to look down. Emotion wells up in my throat, my face, everything. It's hard to not just cry. "D-Do...Do I have to tell you?" I whispered, making me pale that I have to talk about it.

"Well, it seems like your only weak point. Spill." She looks down, and smiles sympathetically.

"I...don't wanna talk about it, okay?" I whisper, looking over to the wall and pushing my hair out of my face.

"Later?"

"I-I.....I don't know."

She was silent, and I didn't know what to do or say. "I don't think I can talk about it." I look at her, trying not to break down.

This was difficult. I wish things weren't like this between me and Zagan, but I can't control it. I have to stay strong, for more than one reason. She looked back, and smiled sadly. She moved her hand for a second, then hesitated. After a minute she moves her hand and pats my back. I sigh and look down, trying to think about something else. When I get to the board room, which was only a few steps away, I didn't want Zagan to see me like this. I don't want to let her know she's hurting me.

Amital patted my back some more, "You gonna be okay?"

"I..I think so. Thanks."

"Anything for a friend." She said, dropping her hand back to her side, looking like she wish she never brought it up in the first place.

We walked a few doors down to the board room. I opened the door, and let Amital in. The board room has a long table, used for our serious meetings. There are four grey chairs on each long side, and two chairs at each end. A white expo marker board is at the end with a few markers we've found around the hotel. My best friend, Beowolf, was sitting in the left corner chewing on a tennis ball.  Next to him were the physic twins, Melody and Harmony. Zagan was next to them, writing something on a pad. There were a few other leaders here, by the names of Crocell, Barakiel, and Kabshiel. They didn't talk much, but when they did it was important. The only person I trusted here was Beowolf, who I knew always had my back.

The two chairs next to the far end seat were empty, so I'm assuming they either died in battle or are off on a mission. I sat in one of the chairs, and Amital sat across from me. I glanced over at Zagan nervously. She smiled a little bit, but I knew it was fake. She's an actor, and she's played with my emotions too much. Yet I still love her. I just don't understand sometimes. Beowolf stood up to address the meeting formally.