I'll believe you

"You guys should bring this!" Muffin said, lifting a sparkly cap

In the background, Oscar was playing music from one of DJ Grim's set. He grimaced when he saw the cap.

"That's a fashion disaster," he retorted, and I glared at him, reminding him that it was my cap.

We were in my apartment packing for Belgium. Muffin came with us, insisting she had good fashion sense and wanted us to look our best. Opening my closet, she said that I should be DJ Grim Reaper because I only had black and white clothes.

"This reminds me of church," she said, holding up one of my long skirts. "And this reminds me of funerals."

"Thanks, Muffin," I called from the kitchen, making Oscar's favorite spaghetti. The seventeen -year-old girl took the liberty to help me curate outfits that I wouldn't wear.

"What do you think you should wear?" she asked. "Business wear? Seems like that's the only thing you have."

"I'd have to settle for that. I don't have normal clothes," I told her, my clothes consisting of dress shirts and A-skirts while on the other spectrum, there were a few ankle length dresses thrown into the mix.

"You're my size, maybe you can borrow my clothes."

"Did you just say New York has the body of a seventeen-year-old?" Oscar said from my bed, switching playlists to a lo-fi one.

"I'm growing boobs, you know!" Muffin answered back, Oscar covering his ears.

"Don't say that! You're my sister, it's weird!" he complained.

After the siblings bickered, I ended up packing whatever I had that might be comfortable. After lunch, we lounged in my living room and Muffin was staring at her iPad.

"Is this DJ Grim?" she asked, showing the photo to Oscar. "This Matthew Lin guy?"

He nodded, telling her the story of how DJ Grim got his nickname because he'd put on a cloak and covered his face in his YouTube days.

"Matthew produced a world known DJ, you know," Oscar said as-a-matter-of-factly. "He has an eye for talent."

The way he said it made me feel like Oscar thought he had a chance, so I asked him how DJ Grim recruited talent for his agency.

"There's this very famous DJ right now, his name is Johnny Voss. He's also a little bit controversial. Johnny was the security guard to one of the music events, but he DJ'd as a hobby. He threw a CD at Matthew. Matthew caught it and he ended up listening to it. Week after, Johnny Voss was brought in for a trial period. He passed it and is now a very famous DJ."

"Isn't Johnny Voss the guy who punched a bear?" Muffin asked and I frowned, wondering how that happened and if it was something that even happened in real life. "I respect your decision to try to become a musician, but you don't even play the drums! Isn't DJ-ing just remixing music and adding the scratchy sound?"