The Song That Guided Them

It was a gloomy day, just like any other in Rin's world. The rain fell relentlessly, mirroring the bitterness she felt towards life. Rin, with her dark clouds of resentment surrounding her, stood alone at the bus stop, drenched and miserable.

And then, out of nowhere, a stranger appeared, sharing her umbrella with Rin. Yuma, a girl with a gentle smile and kind eyes, offered her shelter from the pouring rain.In that moment, Rin realized that perhaps not everyone in the world was as awful as she had imagined. A tiny spark of hope ignited within her, a spark that would later grow, fueled by the presence of the same girl singing her heart out on a snowy day in the city.

Captivated by the girl who had once offered her solace on that rainy day, Rin approached Yuma and asked her about the song she was singing. Yuma's eyes shimmered with a deep understanding as she revealed that it was called "The Reason for Existence."

Yuma, just like Rin, struggled to find her own purpose in the world. She believed that creating something for others, making an impact, was the greatest achievement in life.Her song proudly proclaimed that, despite the pain, life could still be beautiful.

From that moment, Rin became enamored with Yuma. The two girls became inseparable, with Yuma teaching Rin how to play the piano and guitar. Rin's natural talent for composition blossomed under Yuma's guidance, bringing them even closer together.

Rin despised the twisted and phony world they lived in, where everyone desired love but was unwilling to open up. However, she found a glimmer of hope in Yuma, a girl who faced darkness with her songs and laughed in the face of despair.

Yuma had taught her a technique to combat her paralyzing stage fright-imagining the audience as flowers. Rin had initially scoffed at the idea, but as she observed the people around her, she noticed that they all wore flowers on their heads, symbolic of the connection she yearned for but found lacking. Except for Yuma. Yuma was the only one without a flower, for she had managed to break through Rin's cynical shell and touch her heart in ways she never thought possible. With Yuma, Rin didn't feel the need to hide or pretend; she could be her true self, vulnerable and authentic.

No matter how bleak the world seemed, Rin was willing to live on if it meant having Yuma by her side. She saw in Yuma someone who believed that music could save the world, and that belief lit up her own existence.

Throughout their journey, Rin's hatred for the world slowly started to fade. She saw everyone around her with a flower on their head, but only Yuma could break through her shell.

Fate, though not abundantly kind, had other plans for the two girls. A tragic event robbed Yuma of her hearing, extinguishing her ability to sing songs. The very thing that had united them was taken away in an instant.

Yuma collapsed into darkness, her reason for existence torn from her. Consumed by grief and longing for the sound of Yuma's voice, Rin considered following her beloved into death.

But deep down, Rin knew that it wasn't what Yuma would have wanted. With the light of her life stolen, Rin made a choice. She would keep singing, keep living, even in the absence of her reason for existence.

Rin believed that if they had never met, neither of them would have suffered. Yuma might have been miserable, but at least she would still be alive. However, Rin couldn't ignore the contradiction in her own thoughts.

What Rin wanted most was Yuma. Even if their meeting had led to sorrow and pain, it had also brought them a love that had changed their world. The precious moments they had shared together were worth it all.

With this newfound clarity, Rin, now a popular musician, took the stage one last time. As she sang "Sing the Moon," she saw the crowd as real people, not flowers. She had overcome her stage fright and was finally letting the world in.

In that final chapter, Rin embraced the answer she had found. Her reason for existence was to become someone's heart, to touch another person's life, just as Yuma had touched hers.

And with that, Rin knew that the love they had discovered would continue to resonate, even in a world filled with loss, tragedy, and the beauty of fragile flowers.

The End.