𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 28

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
THE PRICE OF WAR

──────⊹⊱𖦹⊰⊹──────CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHTTHE PRICE OF WAR

Fallon wanted to scream. Her chest felt tight like it was caving in on itself, and screaming seemed like the only way to rid that feeling.

But she couldn't, all she could do was sit, silently, trying to comprehend how everything had gone downhill in a matter of hours.

Sebastian and the Blood Witches attacked at nightfall. They invaded the school, taking control of the specialists who didn't accompany Silva and Renova's father to the Blood Witches hideout.

Meanwhile, all the fairies were captured and locked away being drained one by one by the scrapers.

Musa managed to avoid being detected and captured. Yasmine, Levin, and Flora were unlucky and were captured along with the other fairies.

What was even worse was that in the middle of all of it was Beatrix. According to Musa the air fairy was in on the attack and was helping Sebastian. 

It shouldn't have been as surprising as it was for Fallon. This wasn't the first time Beatrix had betrayed them by working with the enemy. That was the thing about Beatrix - she was always going to look out for herself, even if that meant hurting the people close to her.

Fallon could feel the mix of anger and disappointment hang heavy around her heart.
It weighed on her, suffocating her with its burden. The sharp sting of betrayal pierced through her, leaving a bitter taste in her mouth.

The betrayal stung, but deep down Fallon selfishly hoped Sebastian had something on Beatrix, or was forcing her to work with him. That her trust in the air fairy wasn't for nothing.

God, she hoped it wasn't for nothing...

"You hiding away out here?" Fallon looks up to find Renova walking up to her leaves crunching under her boots.

"No uh, just thinking." Fallon sits up from the short tree stump, pushing stray hairs from your face.

The specialist with dyed blonde hair hums understandably then nods her head back to the shed where the others are. "Your friends sent me to come get you, I think they're planning out what to do next.

"Oh okay, thanks." Fallon makes her way back to the shed and when she gets there Bloom has a ball of dragon flame in her hand talking with the other girls.

"Look I love you all. I do. I just, I..." When Bloom lets the flames disappear she suddenly jerks forward like she lost balance.