Chapter 00 : A Dying World

//Hey hey hey! I'm back haha

So anyways, I found some on my old drafts and... I forgot that I was actually planning on a sequel for the Infinity with the BNHA and Marvels crossover. Although this wasn't really the actual prologue, but I think it still connects better with the main story I had in mind.

So anyway bye for now

Lovelots~//

A young woman looked around blankly as she took herself to an unfamiliar multiverse. Her eyes that reflected the stars were blank but her actions were full of curiosity.

As she stepped through the typical greenery usually found on the mainland earth, she finally spotted an unusually big tree that outstretched a few meters radius that shaded someone under the sun.

A human?

Yes, as it seems to be a feeble human, hunched and wrinkly. His hair was white and his life was obviously fading away. He sat facing that particular direction with a look of loneliness in his blinding blue eyes.

Y/n tilted her head to peek through the man with curiosity. "What is this place?" She asked.

The man, who didn't seem to expect that anyone would come around him immediately looked up and saw the young lady with an apathetic expression. She was a beautiful child, her image looked unrealistic that it felt almost as if an illusion.

But the man couldn't care less. He must have been quite lonely to think that someone will speak with him. So he smiled, and pointed towards the big tree.

"What you see there are my dear friends' graves." He said with so much nostalgia. He remembers clearly those tragedies that have happened since they were young then growing up. "You see, one of them truly wanted to be free like the birds in the skies. To see the world outside the walls."

"Walls?"

"Yes, the wall where all tragedy began." He looked sad, the hand holding the cane tightened up as he weakly clenched his teeth. "Those times when human feared the titans. Where many of our sworn brothers fallen and died. Those days that we desperately fought for survival. It's a long take, your parents must have been babies when that tragedy ended." He said with a little laugh.

"No." Y/n replied,  sitting beside him knowingly. Her eyes glowed with strange green light, watching the events that is even worse than this man's narration.

The so called past in his mouth is very sad. Yes, that how it should be, it's a tragic past.

"It's a sad world." She muttered.

"Indeed it was. But now, it's better."

"I see."

"Child, what's your name?" The old man turned to look at the strange child.

"Y/n... Y/n Stark." She replied, looking back at the older. "What's your name?"

"Armin Arlert."

The girl tilted her head blankly. "It seems that today is your remaining day alive." She said. "Do you perhaps... Have a wish? Something you eagerly desire?"

"A Wish you say?" Armin reached out one feeble hand to pat the child's head. "If I had one wish, I'd say... I wish that my friend truly found freedom." He replied with a smile.

"Would you be happy if he did?"

"Of course. I have long wished that he was really free. But I don't think his death was the kind of freedom that everyone would have wished for."

"Even if you return to the past, you can never change a future that already happened." The girl said, picking up weeds on the ground. "However, if you return to that past, you can change it's impending future making this current future your past." (Like yeah, time machine weird logic from Scott.)