Chapter 10 : I Have Powers

Screams drowned out what words could have been said. The disoriented babbles asking each person to carefully enter as to not accidentally kill someone in the stampede was never followed taking a few lives that were supposed to have escaped the clutches of man eating giants were beaten to death by numerous stomps.

Dead, dead, dead.

This place, whether outside the walls or inside the walls dies.

In the darkness, an ember light shone like fire. Burning and bright in the cause of death. Like candle illuminated in a lonely endless horizon of darkness. But it wasn't fire nor candle... A gem stone shard oozed.

Like an awakened magic that had long lost rested under the stars. It made a hollow sound, like a machine that's recharged or was losing battery, it was hard to tell.

But with one glow it shined and the light rooted into five, crawling towards what looked like it's kin of unlit stones. It was then followed by other colored lights. The bright neon blue, a blinding yellow, overwhelming purple, calming green,  and a blazing red.

The lights blinked a few times and 'bam!'. It fully illuminated it's brightness in the darkness.

Then they disappeared again...

.

.

.

The moment that light appeared before them, they saw Y/n who happened to open her eyes showing an incredible blue glimmer.

The two froze right there staring at her in disbelief. Y/n looked around, noticed the familiar office of the vice commander Erwin, then back to the two, blinking innocently before swaggering towards the front door in an attempt to leave.

Only to be stopped by two different arms holding on each shoulder.

"Oi Y/n, stop right there." Levi called out. "What the heck was that?"

Y/n didn't turn and shrugged. "You saw nothing out of the ordinary."

"You fucking think so?" Levi would have laughed sarcastically if he is ever capable of doing so.

Erwin frowned. "Y/n, just what is going on?" He asked.

"Stay out of it Erwin, I'm talking to my sister." Levi grumpily told the blonde off.

"As a witness myself, I need to know what's going on." The taller countered.

"Stop..." Y/n sighed, feeling the brewing fight, raised her hands in defeat. It's bothersome. "I'll talk."

In the end, the three filled the sofa and the table was served with tea.

"Seriously, you're not going to see the breach?"  She decided to ask.

"Didn't you know?" Erwin started. "The breach and evacuation ended a day ago. Levi came in the office because you were gone overnight. He thought you were still at Shiganshina."

"I see...." She muttered. So did she stay for hours in the space before coming out? She looked at the impatient older who's arms and legs were crossed.

"So tell me, what happened? Why did you suddenly materialize in front of us?"

"Oh, I was planning on seeing my brother. I didn't know you were there." She replied as if Erwin was not part of the plan. She put a palm to her side outward, a small blue light emerged, dropping a pack of cookies. "How to say this for an enclosed human to understand..." He muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"Hmm... I'll be brief, I have powers."

"How?"