Chapter 4 : Surviving

"I hate it." Y/n's nose wrinkled, staring at the plain soup.

"What's wrong?" Isabel made her first bite of the hard stale bread, chewing with a relaxed look as if that bread tasted okay.

But no. It's not okay at all.

"Is this really a soup?" she asked in distaste.

Isabel looked at the bowl shining with transparent liquid where green, orange, and yellow pieces of vegetables were floating. "Uh... it is? What's the matter?" she asked in confusion.

Y/n's mood looked dimmer. "Might as well call it boiled water with stray stew ingredients." she bluntly said. The girl slid the food towards Isabel and stood up.

The young brunette watched her. "Hey, finish your food, Y/n!" she called out.

With no response, the girl disappeared in the mess hall. Levi clicked his tongue and Farlan watched the younger worried. "She's not eating well these days. I'm worried she'll collapse at any time." Isabel said, taking a bite from her bread.

"Could it be due to the new environment? Y/n has always been like this. But recently it's gotten worst." Farlan added.

"She went to the forest to eat wild berries and hunt stray rabbits. Although she doesn't kill it herself and let me kill it for her."

"Still, her appetite is worrying."

"Could it just be, because we spoiled her too much that her taste was that refined she wouldn't even call a normal food a part of her palate?" Farlan's opinion was very likely one of the reasons.

Indeed. Even a cheap yen of cup noodle can make her look if you compared the food here and the other.

Y/n's food in the underground were the best they could find. At least the bread was softer and sweet, there were jerky on occasions, and surprisingly some goods like fruits. It's always a wonder how they can find those food they fed to that little glutton but no matter where, they always find food that suited Y/n.

Now, they might have regretted that. Y/n hadn't eaten anything properly eversince they got into the surface. Although her physique showed no sign of malnutrition, they still felt like the girl might become sick of her rebelliousness during mealtime would continue.

Levi was also thinking of being more strict. The kid was a growing child and she needs all the nutrition she could get from meal in order to stay healthy. He had thought of talking to her about it, but training everyday didn't really gave him a good time.

.

On the other hand, Y/n watched the light of blue above her head. It was a small point just the size of her thumb. In that small progress gap, a pack of chocolate bar fell into her palm.

The girl stared at the snack blankly. Still feeling disappointment with how small she can access space stone now even if it's already the eleventh year.

It seems like she had to wait for Ultron to come visit so she could recharge her energy back by blasting her somewhere outer space to recover.

Opening the only piece she was able to get with the help of the weakened space stone, she began to indulge. This was her stash of two hundred years.

Y/n had an ambition once... Not exactly an ambition, but a little dream of hers from long time ago. It was to have infinite supply of tasty snacks in a place where only she existed.

But two hundred years later, the dream was postponed due to the degrading taste quality of human's food manufacturers. Probably due to the land being modernized little by little that plant based supplies began to limit, but that strain in taste was still unacceptable.