Chapter 5

The next day I am walking to maths with Indi and Bella, which I am seriously debating whether on not I should skip class or not. Like come on. Who wants to spend a Friday morning doing double maths. 

When we arrive to our maths classroom Sam, Kruz, Finn and Parker are waiting out the front of the classroom, along with the rest of their class.

I mean I know that when we have maths they are always at their bags next to the classroom, since our maths classroom is their Pc room. I just don't understand why their whole entire class is also waiting out the front. 

"What is going on?" Indi whispers into my ear. 

"I have no idea." Just as I say that our Maths teacher, Mrs Nicholson, who I love since she is literally so funny even though she doesn't know it, walks out of the classroom and tells us all to enter. And by all, I mean both my class and the boys class. 

Once we have all entered the classroom Mrs Nicholson tells just my class to find a desk and sit down. I sit down in between Indi and Bella. I give Bella a look, asking what the hell is going on. She looks just as confused as I am and only shrugs as a reply. Thankfully Mrs Nicholson answers my question.

"So, I guess that you are all wondering what is going on." My whole class nods their heads. "Well I  will grant you that answer. These lovely students are here to help with your maths work today since they have a free period and had nothing to do. I suggested this and they happily agreed. But don't worry, it's not boring book work its activities that you can do in pairs. So grade nines, go find a partner to work with. I'll be outside marking science assignments, so just give me a shout if you need me." And just like that she left the classroom, leaving an awkward silence hang in the air. 

I see Mrs Nicholson come back inside. "There's no time to waste, come on! Move your butts and find a partner." And just like that everyone starts moving and finds a partner. 

I see Finn come over to Bella and I see Parker go over to Indi. Hehehe. I bet Indi's freaking out right now. 

I then see Kruz start walking over to me. Please, God no. It's just then that I see Sam quickly move in front of Kruz and starts walking over to me. 

Before I can even process what happened he pulls up a chair and sits next to me.

He smirks and then says "Hey Maya."

"Hi Sam." I keep reminding myself to calm down but I'm pretty sure that you can hear my heart beating from a mile away. 

"It's been a while since we have seen each other." Sam and I used to be friends back when we were both in primary school. Our parents would always meet up so we would hang out all the time. However, our parents kind of drifted apart so we stopped hanging out. 

Before we can say anything else to each other, Kruz comes and sits on the other side of me. 

Sam and I just stare at him, wondering what the hell he is doing. He just looks at us and says innocently, "What?"

"What are you doing here?" Sam asks him.

"Joining your group." 

"But miss said that we have to be in partners." Sam says. Kruz raises his eyebrows on him, telling him to elaborate. Sam commands his wish by adding on, "So go find a partner. You can't just join me and Maya's group." Hearing him say my name gives me the chills. I like the way he says it.

"There's no one left for me, so Miss just said to go join a random group. Which is what I'm doing, expect this isn't a random group since its got you Sammy and Miss Paton." he smirks.