04

The walk was surprisingly quiet. The squad weren't around, only some patrol robots. The little girl laid her eyes on an elevator before running towards it, pulling Freddy with her. As the elevator closed yet didn't move, the little girl immediately glanced around time to time with wide eyes while tugging at Freddy's hand and pointing at random stuffs that Freddy was quite concerned that her neck might break.

" I have identified two possible exit points. The main loading dock is located under the food court on the first floor. There is also a fire escape in the third floor Prize Counter. Gregory, check your Fazwatch. I will mark both locations on your Faz Map. ", By this time, (Y/N) has made herself busy by walking around the small space and observing random posters. " My friend told me we can hear a certain music if we pressed some numbers. ", She tried to reason as she attempted to rich the buttons but was held back by Freddy.

The sound of shoes on metal were heard from inside Freddy as he waited for a response before realizing the problem. " It appears that you have no Faz Map. You should be able to obtain one from the greeter on the center balcony. Now I'll have to go. The elevator doesn't allow animatronics to use them. " , He said before opening the Elevator and stepping out.

Gregory grumbled about doing it alone again before stepping out of the hatch and walking towards the elevator. He tapped the floor number on the buttons while (Y/N) waved at Freddy. " Good luck superstars! I know you can do it! ", Freddy said with an encouraging tone before the elevator completely closed.

The tiny space was filled with music as it moved. Seeing as Gregory made no attempt to speak, (Y/N) decided to take action. " What will you do once we get out? ", she asked as she stared at him. Gregory threw her a glance before speaking. " I... I don't know yet. If it weren't for the problems of this place I would have stayed here. " (Y/N) smiled at the boy. He actually answered her instead of ignoring or grumbling. Though what he said confused her.

" Stay here? But what about your parents? Won't they miss you? They're surely worried about you right now! ", He seemed to stiffen at that. He bowed his head down as he tried to think of what to tell her. " I don't have parents... ", He whispered. Though confused as to how someone could exist without at least one of their parents, she still gave him an understanding hum before getting an idea.

" I know! ", She yelled, calling his attention. " You can live with us! My father keeps sleeping, he probably won't notice if someone lives at our attic! It's nice in there, just needs a bit of cleaning up. My Dad didn't even notice anything when my friend kept...coming over and staying at our attic... " , she said, whispering the last part.

Gregory looked at her in shock. " W-what? You would... I don't think- ", His sentence was cut short when (Y/N) opened her arms out of nowhere. He gave her a confused look, causing her to chuckle. Seeing as Gregory didn't make any move, (Y/N) moved forward and embraced him, making him freeze in his spot.

" My friend told me friends always hug each other. Especially when they feel down. Did you know that? ", She whispered at his shoulder. Gregory finally snapped out of his frozen state before reluctantly returning her gesture.

The two stayed like that for a while. In each other's arms. (Y/N) felt safety in this place once more. Gregory felt the warmth he had always longed.

' Hod did she know I was feeling down? ', Gregory asked himself, still amidst enjoying the embrace as if it was the last.

She didn't. She was talking about herself.

The duo broke their embrace as the elevator opened. They stared at each other for a while before looking away and stepped out of the elevator. As usual, (Y/N) held his hand. Yet this time, Gregory didn't let out any act or voice of complaint.