CHAPTER 50 | My Mates

Bai Ying's POV

I woke up the next day with lighter shoulders compared before. I don't know why though but I just shrugged it off while thinking that maybe, it's because of my mission here in lower realm is soon to close.

I need more time.

Three or maybe less than the given years is not enough. It's not enough!

It is not because I don't believe in them. But it is better to overestimate things than underestimate it, right? Carelessness is not an answer. Carelessness is not an option. Failure may inevitable. But it's not an option at all.

They say that being powerful immortal is a dream come true especially for everyone who dreams something so high in terms of their life, power and even wealth. But it's the quiet opposite for me who have it all.

It's hard.

It's really hard! But I am in no place to complain. I am in no place to raise a finger and then decide or utter a word at all. I may be loved, but I am actually pressured.

A man who holds numerous titles. A man who is sought after of everyone and everywhere. A man who have everything. A man who can give anything if wanted.

Yes... Bai Ying is the sole identification of those things. It's... me.

I peeled myself from the soft bed that I lay as I finally took in where I am now.

Ah! I am underwater. The Mer Kingdom.

And I am not alone. There are my mates who are lying beside me, surrounding me like a shield. I cannot help but to giggle a bit as I start to caress their hair lovingly.

Sebastian who is a vampire and a king of his race at that. He may be considered as a devil or demon because of the nature of his race, but he is actually a bit far from that. I heard that he is stoic and super serious to the point it's suffocating. But he is different in front of me. It's strange but I didn't questioned it. He is a fast learner person who have one of the strongest will and determination amongst these four men beside me. He is also smart and mature. He is a reliable man third only from Duan Luan and Ellis. He also learned the way of tea-making that he studied so hard to learn and perfect.

Blaze who is an alpha and a werewolf. He is a beast man who is independent from the other general beast man race. He is a strong man with strong body yet unfortunately, a bit of a stubborn and childish. I don't see anything wrong with it nor shameful. I actually prefer him to be like this to change the atmosphere. He may not be so reliable than the other three, he is still sweet and lovely who always yearns for simple praises, head pats, cuddles and words of affection. He also learned the way to perfect to cook a meat, though he may or may not did learned it just for his own satisfaction.

Ellis who is an elf. He is one of the highest figure amongst the people in Elf Kingdom. He is also one of the few people who have closer relations to the immortals from the Heaven Realm and have a higher density or amount of spiritual energy amongst his kinds aside my Uncle and Duan Luan. He is a mature-thinker person with dignified and elegant countenance amongst the four. He is second reliable next to his stepbrother amongst the four. He may not be showing it, but he is also a strict person to the point that even Duan Luan and Sebastian gets chills down their spines in one look. It's funny though. He is also modest and humble in terms of his achievements but he is still the proud man I met in the Werewolf Kingdom before.

Last but not the least, Duan Luan. He is half-elf and half-god. Actually, I am not that curious about his god side that is why I didn't clearly know who his mother really is. But as I far as I can remember, it's the Goddess of Spring whom have a connection with my beloved mother. I know him the longest in this group because after all, he is one of my beloved childhood friend. He may have did something before, but I know that me and Yong-Ge already forgave him because after all, he didn't mean it at all. We love him and treasures him after all. And that is the reason why I am way too heartbroken when I learned what happened and what is happening to him. I pleaded, cried and begged to the Creator to let him go. But I still didn't know why and how he did ended up in the Demon Realm. Nevertheless, he is okay now and with me. The most reliable man in these four and the strongest amongst them, whom I'll forever make him feel how special he really is to erase all the traumas inflicted to him by those unfortunate events.

I want to protect them. Not because they are my mates but because I also love them.

I may not be voicing it out, but every time that they make things as gestures of love and affection to me, my heart always skips a beat and doing summersault tirelessly. It took a lot of willpower for me to not blush.

Welp, enough of that! I still need to think about the fifth mate of mine.

The Crown Prince of the Mer Kingdom, Xiao QingBo.

As far as I heard, he is a well loved and well-known prince that despite of his position amongst his people, he acts like them instead as a prince. YongBao told me that he is the kindest, sweetest and loveliest merman he ever met that even he is being persecuted by the words of greedy people, QingBo still stayed by his side and protected him as far as he can do so.

But as I can see it, not everyone is fond with him. Unfortunately for him, one of those people smells danger while the other smells trouble because those people are figureheads as well as him and have close and not so close relationship with him. He is someone to protect but at the same time, hard to mess with.

I can see it. In his eyes. The glint of a dangerous person that is being covered a bit by his natural innocence and kindness.

And I want to see it.

I cannot help my smile as I can already foresee the happenings. But I cut those off to see everything myself.

But I wonder... Who is the devil of sins who is in here?

Because I don't believe that the redhead demon I saw yesterday is one of those sins, instead someone more powerful than them.

His red hair and fire-red eyes that is looking at me cannot help but makes my heart pound like what I always feel with my mates.

What is this? Another mate?

I don't know but I cannot help but to wait for it to be revealed soon.

'I am looking forward to know you, redhead.' I thought as I look at my mates once again before standing up and leaving them sleeping soundly as I make my way to the kitchen to prepare for our breakfast because starting today, we will be busy.

We will be busy to get to know my fifth mate.

'Wait for me, my little wave~'

————

To be Continued...