CHAPTER 51 | The Game of Go

A.N: Up until now, I am still not have a solid plan for the challenge for our Little Wave. I, who wants everything to be so perfect— yeah it sucks— will do something first until I can finally write it down. But, any suggestions is welcome. Just comment down there... >>>

————

Flowing with the wind, everyone can see, obsidian long black hair and his flowy light blue robe embroidered with golden threads made from the sun rays. It blends with the wind. And the black, light blue and gold mixes with the translucency of the surroundings.

Oh! How can someone not snap their necks just to take a glimpse of the owner of such majestic sight that only people in the palace are privileged to witness every single time his name is being called.

They are lucky, indeed!

Pale skin tone, half-feminine and half-masculine body, lean yet compacted muscles in right places that is being covered by his robes every single day. And on his face, he have sword-like eyebrows, neither thick nor thin. He also have a pair of beautiful black phoenix orbs that seems to be black hole that makes you want to look at it and not to peel your eyes away anymore. He also have a kissable red plump lips that rivals any woman's have in his own family. He also have a well-sculpted-like nose that completes his face that shouts for one word— masterpiece.

He is being called again.

The only Prince of the Heaven Realm, the Crowned Prince and also the entitled Balance Deity and the Holy Child claimed by the Creator, itself. His name is Bai Ying.

He is kind yet strict. He is beautiful yet dangerous as well. He is benevolent yet merciless. He is the light but can be the darkness. He is also powerful, but also weak when it is needed. He loves his family, the Creator and his people unconditionally. He understands the Creator in any decision He makes because he is afterall, His Holy Child.

He is blessed with beauty, wit and power. But because of this, he is also cursed. People with ill intent always do what it takes to drag him to whatever hell they come from. They want to use him against Him. But he isn't someone to be underestimated because he is someone who is ranked next from the Creator Himself— by His will.

His father who is the Emperor of the Heaven Realm— Bai Wang— called him.

Reason?

He don't know at all.

He is already over hundred and all he is doing is his duty as the Crown Prince. Though he actually thinks that his eldest sister is the rightful one for it. Though, Bai Yin do think otherwise. She sees him as almighty and way too powerful. She sees him as the most capable. Though she always covers it with lame excuses of "it'll be tiresome and troublesome to be the monarch and I ain't going to sign up for that!" or sometimes, "I am a person who prefers more brawl fight than brain fight. I can imagine having my poor brain to be toasted in a single wave of war." though, she proved her claims to be false because of her undeniable reputation in terms of the battle of minds in every war they succeeded to win. Bai Ying still and always understands her sister. And he always respects that.

Bai Yang on the other hand knows well that being a monarch isn't for her. She wants nothing but to sit, sleep, read and play her instruments. She kept herself well-entertained with arts and music rather than anything that defines the word— politics. She hated it obviously. But she isn't dumb and a deadbeat. She helps her sister and sometimes, her brother with things. Even though it's kinda trivial and sometimes only need her 'heart' and personal opinion, she knows that it lessens their burden even a bit. And she is happy with it.

Xiao Rong and Bai Wang who are their parents and the current and reigning monarchs are powerful and good leaders. No one can even raise an ounce of complaints with their leadership and it's kinda flattering for the two of them too. They are dedicated and they love their people to even think of anything that will ruin it and their trust. Nevertheless, they also values their family, especially their children. They are proud to have them achieve what they are and have now and are willing to support for the future to come.

Finally, the walking masterpiece comes to a halt. He is now in front of his father's throne room that is soon to be his's. Guards welcomed him with respect that he returned with courtesy and acknowledgement before walking pass them as his arrival finally announced in the humongous place.

His father is there. Waiting for him. In front of the Go¹ board that is made of a hard and one of a kind wood with its pieces finally placed on top of it. Black and white pieces are scattered. It was made of rare jade that needed to be collected in day— for the black— and night— for the white. It maybe strange to collect those pieces in strange times but in the very exact hour, minute and second at that. But collecting it and processing it surely are experience that a handcrafters will sure to value and treasure until their last breath.

Bai Wang looked up from his board. With his left hand, he motioned his son to come forth and join him that Bai Ying complied immediately without a second thought. And while his son is walking down the aisle gracefully towards him, using his right hand, he motioned the guards to take a look out because after all, he and his son will be safe with each other together.

Yes! They are strong. Well, Bai Ying is the strongest among the whole Bai family. Even though he is being ganged up by the other four members of the family, he will never be taken down at all. He will never even flinch or break a sweat. And humiliatingly, the four of them will only perish in exhaustion.

Yep! They are weak. But no one will even complain about it. And even though it's kinda embarrassing to see, Bai Wang wants to protect his son from harms way.

Bai Ying took a seat after he was given the permission to do so. Bai Wang also motioned for the both of them to play with each other in Go that the young man complied with his fast thinking and envious strategical precision.

Bai Wang hummed in satisfaction and then made a move too.

The two almost identical men who are facing each other in front of the game board of Go are silent but it's not an awkward one but a comfortable one. They know that they needed time to make up for the words to be spoken and they faced each other inside the game like it's the field where their war of minds and wit are being tested.

The clink and clank are the beat. White and black are the lyrics. Spaces are the notes on the musical sheets. Victory and loses are the melody. Their battle of Go creates music. And the final victor is slowly being decided.

And with the final beat played. And with the fingers of the conductor of the said music. He finally signed up his name below the sheet. With his blinding smile of victory against his opponent, he finally made the music's title.

"Tell me now what you want to say, father." Bai Ying stated with a grin.

Bai Wang who heaved a sigh while looking at the board with defeat, he looked up to his son finally. He then waved his right hand to the space and like magic, a rolled-up scroll appeared in his hand.

Bai Ying perked up from this and then in a flash, he distanced himself from his father and then knelt down in front of him as a sign of him, welcoming the edict that is about to be given to him.

Bai Wang cannot help but to smile with it and in one breath, he finally gave the edict down to his son with the only thing that caught his attention was: "— go to the Lower Realm, and find your destined other half."

Oh! How hell was brought to his father as soon as he descended the day after.

—————

To be Continued...

—————

¹Go is an abstract strategy board game for two players in which the aim is to capture more territory than the opponent by fencing off empty space. The game was invented in China more than 2,500 years ago and is believed to be the oldest board game continuously played to the present day.
Source: Wikipedia.com